C train

Posted by Kelly 
Kelly
C train
January 25, 2005 06:45AM
unbelievable about the C train. Out for five years?? I can't imagine what takes five years to fix. For those who don't know: Someone started a fire at the signal booth and C train service will be out for five years.
Does anyone know how long the A service will be messed up?
Red
Re: C train
January 25, 2005 07:21AM
I don't understand it either. And none of the news stories seem to explain it. We can build a new World Trade Center in five years. This is one signal room.
KM
January 25, 2005 07:42AM
Very Confusing. The TA said, ' there is no back up power system in place at that location'....most of the destroyed equipment dated back to the 1930's... the unstaffed room containing 600 electrical devices called 'relays' were destroyed.....new equipment has to be built from scratch......several millions of dollars.....NPR just reported monthes or years in delays... details were sketchy blankets and other personal belongings were found at the scene...unclear how fire started but whoever was responsible clearly had no bussiness living in a subway station.....but that's another problem, sheltering, feed ,cloth the homeless were we spend hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
Oracle
January 25, 2005 08:32AM
The timing made perfect sense to me! It took four years to repair two staircases in my station. And the entire street on Lex bet. 85th-86th has been blocked by "construction" for the last few years. (I use the term "construction" loosely because I have never seen anyone actually doing any work.) The Empire State Building was built in ONE YEAR.
Marybeth
January 26, 2005 06:24AM
does anyone know how long the A train will be effected?
Red
January 26, 2005 07:19AM
They're now saying 6-9 months.
mercystreet
January 28, 2005 05:08PM
What the heck happened there? Five years? I am with you- what could possibly take that long to correct. Were there any surveillance cams up and going?

mercystreet
January 28, 2005 07:27PM
For those of us outside the know, how does it affect the A train? did they share the same line, stations?
January 29, 2005 01:57AM
[www.mta.info]

Who knows better than the MTA ?
January 29, 2005 11:43AM
Thanks Peter, that was a lot of good information.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 12