Posted by KM 
KM
It's snowing!!
January 22, 2005 03:19PM
It's beautiful....I'm loving it. I missed the last big storm. Aloha
mercystreet
Re: It's snowing!!
January 22, 2005 04:34PM
Girllll, you should see the snow over Motown way....ooooh weee! I swear there must be a good 9 inches on my front lawn!!!

Enjoy! It sure is pretty, but what a mess for driving.
mercystreet
January 22, 2005 09:23PM
We got 8" in 3 hours 2 weeks ago, and now have had 65 - 70 the last few days in the Mile High City. My son is at the skate park right now riding his bike practicing tricks like it was summer. I promise it is on the way to you!
January 22, 2005 09:47PM
We are having so much fun., it is such a novelty to us. I haven't seen this much snow since I was 16 and went on a school trip to the snow fields in Australia (which is only a very small area). That was a very long time ago as you can imagine, I now have 5 children and 2 grandchildren. My husband and I have just been out to a couple of local restaurants/bars for dinner/drinks and had a snow fight in the middle of 26th street outside our building, on the corner of 6th avenue, so much fun. Even though I was in 110 degree farenheit degrees 8 days ago I have aclimatised very well to the snow and loving it, will probably be sick of it in a few days though, I think the winter in Sydney is too long and it is only cold (45-47 degrees farenhiet) for two months.
mercystreet
January 23, 2005 08:33AM
Marea, darlin', where do you live? Are you presently in Australia or no?

mercystreet
mercystreet
January 23, 2005 08:35AM
Salsa,

Do tell, are you a salsa dancer? I am tryinnnng to learn the moves (if you are).

mercystreet
January 23, 2005 08:52AM
I saw on the news last night! Most flights have been cancelled to the East coast because of the storm. I hope you all keep warm and save a bit of the snow for me!
January 23, 2005 11:27AM
Mercystreet, we are living in New York at the moment but will return to Australia, or Korea or somewhere in the world in May.
NYCLover
January 23, 2005 12:24PM
Snow covered all that crap and dirt that we usually see on the street (including some stinky homeless people) and it is indeed beautiful.
Oracle
January 23, 2005 12:32PM
NYCLover, how would you consider a snow-covered homeless person "beautiful?"

I'm off to the park to enjoy a pretty afternoon!

Thanks KM.

Marea, see you soon!
January 23, 2005 01:08PM
I love to dance Salsa, don't get much chance anymore, but can still shake a leg till the cows come home given the chance! It is my favorite music. Mercystreet, if you listen to KUVO.org at 3:00 p.m. Motown time, your will here some good Salsa music. It is my favorite station, known for jazz. They play good Brazilian music at 8:00 p.m. your time too.

On either Friday or Satuday nights they have a great R&B history program where you learn a lot about the roots of R&B, and here some great music and interviews.

I am watching the Auto Show live right now, and see the snow has kept a lot of people home. My husband and son were just there, and said it was super crowded, and today only looks like less than half the people.
January 23, 2005 03:49PM
Nice attitude NYC, real nice.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 5