check-in deposit

Posted by angela 
check-in deposit
January 20, 2005 07:40AM
Hi,

we're coming to NY in June and have fully paid for the hotel stay already, will we still need to leave credit card details with check-in staff?
neither of us has a credit card and would probably not like to let loose in NYC with one anyway! is this the same in all hotels? I can't seem to find any contact details for mine (Ameritania) to ask them direct

thanks for your help in advance

Angela
Red
Re: check-in deposit
January 20, 2005 08:02AM
Yes. Typically the hotel requires a credit card in case you damage the room; it's a form of insurance for the hotel. They say it's for "amenities" - i.e. in case you use the minibar, that sort of thing - but it's really insurance.

Ask your hotel. You should be able to leave a large cash deposit instead, which you would get back at the end of your stay. This is the way with all major US hotels.
Re: check-in deposit
January 20, 2005 08:04AM
I've found this telephone number for them:
From UK/France/Belgium: 00 - 800 7066 7066
Ask them to put the information they give you in an email for confirmation of any agreement you may make with them.
The CC number is only for possible extra's such as breakages, room service (if they have it) safe hire (also if they have it) etc.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 14?
Online Users

Guests: 5