help

Posted by marie-claire 
help
January 19, 2005 05:36AM
help i won a trip to NY me and my husband are coming on the 29th of jan.
tips needed .
Re: help
January 19, 2005 05:47AM
For starters, get a good map of Manhattan so you can orientate yourself. The Streetwise Manhattan is my bible!
Secondly, search through the posts of the forum as there have been loads of tips on things to do and possible itineraries.
Thirdly, if you have any more questions come and ask them!
Lastly, Congratulations on winning a trip to probably the greatest city in the world! You lucky, lucky dab you!
PS. Where will you be staying and how long will you be staying for?
January 19, 2005 10:23AM
Thank you so much , we wil be staying in the milford plaza not the greatest hotel according to the reviews (who cares is it's free!!!!!) .It's in the theater district . And we will be there for 4 days .
January 19, 2005 04:56PM
Well, you will of course have to the following:
Empire State Building
Brooklyn Bridge
Staten Island Ferry
Times Square at night
A Broadway show or off Broadway
Eat bagels, pizza and eat at a proper deli and of course get a hot dog
Grand Central Station
Century 21 for shopping
Macys
Saks
Tiffanys to gawp at the jewelry
Jazz club for dinner. I went to The Garage and really enjoyed the atmosphere, food and music. Monday is Big Band Night so I'd book a table. Try and get one near the open fire on the vide: [www.garagerest.com]
The Guggenheim - even if you don't like art go for the building as it is very impressive.
Moma
Central Park

What do you like to do?
January 20, 2005 01:57AM
thank you very much!!! for shopping i also found woodburry common . i,m counting the days .(8)
January 20, 2005 05:08AM
Let me know how Woodbury Common was, I'm planning on going there in February.
If you have any other questions, let us know.
January 21, 2005 10:57AM

That'sll be fun. If you need a great little hotel in the Village, the Larchmont Hotel around 11th St. and 6th Ave. is the best on location and price.
January 21, 2005 11:02AM
hotel is allready included not the best i hear (mildew plaza) bud i'm not in new york to sleep in !!!! how ever thank you for the tip

marie-claire
January 22, 2005 09:33PM
Be sure to get your Metro Card right away for the bus and subway. The subway is a really fast way to get around. Good when in a hurry. To get more NY culture I love the bus. Besides people, you see lots of buidings and neighborhoods that you might have missed, who knows from the bus you might see that one cool place you would have missed under the subway.

Like Lisa said, study your map. The more familiar you are with streets before you go, the easier time you will have. I am going to pull my map out this weekend, and each time I see an address for a restaurant, hotel, etc. on this site, I am going to look for it on my map, just as a way to get familiar for our trip in May.
January 23, 2005 08:56AM
You can get on the #1 bus and go all the way from Museum Mile to the Staten Island Ferry. It takes about an hour but is well worth the trip as the views of the buildings and the different areas are amazing.
January 23, 2005 01:11PM
I am wondering if that is the bus we took from The Cloisters Museum to The Guggenheim Museum? I was amazed at all the changes we saw from neighborhood to neighborhood.
January 23, 2005 03:44PM
Dunno, it might have been mate. Nope, I just checked and by reckonning you took the #4. Hmmm will have to remember that and suggest a trip up there if it isn't too cold of course!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 14?
Online Users

Guests: 5