Re: Three little questions
December 07, 2004 04:33PM

I knew you were being unfaithful
December 07, 2004 04:37PM
At least it's not vegamite!
December 07, 2004 04:41PM

And that's supposed to make me feel better?
December 07, 2004 04:51PM
Yup.
December 07, 2004 06:11PM
And what may I ask is wrong with vegemite? It is the first thing Australian babies taste after mother's milk and we're doing alright, in fact we are 'happy little vegemites' (an Aussie expression).
December 07, 2004 10:56PM
I'm going to NYC at the start of January, too. From weather.com, I see that for Jan the avg. high is 38 & the avg. low is 26. I currently live in Oklahoma where the avg. for January is 49 high/25 low.

Now, keep in mind that in Okla the windchill factor is absolutely killer!
Is it the same in NY? I'd imagine that in the city it's wouldn't be very gusty, but does it feel much colder than it actually is? I'm trying to prepare myself for the extreme cold!
December 08, 2004 03:36AM
lol, thats where we will have to agree to disagree, especially as Australians find marmite an abomination! I tried vegamite and good golly miss Molly, it was dreadful! I much prefer my mate marmite!
December 08, 2004 03:37AM
I read somewhere that the extremely tall buildings in Manhattan make a unique weather system. It was very gusty when I was there in February, really very "fresh"!
December 08, 2004 07:14AM
It is an acquired taste, that's why we start eating it as infants. It is also great for a hangover, full of vitamin B.
December 08, 2004 08:43AM
Hi ya all,

Gee, I thought I had finally made an interesting questions but found put it was just a private chat after all.

And thanks for the Tempur Pedic addresses. Will have to go and see them. They´re great.

I come from Finland as some of you might remember. So I know all about cold, chilly, warm clothes and wellies. However, your fahrenheit degrees won´t tell me much. Since I´m used to have it -25 BELOW ZERO in CELCIUS (can someone intellegent please transfer this to Fahrenheits) I think I will also survive wintery NYC. Bit disappointed though, although I did not exactly had beach party on my mind I was imagining having a nice, NOT chilly holiday... smiling smiley

Thanks again, KLisa van Mullem wrote:
>
> I read somewhere that the extremely tall buildings in
> Manhattan make a unique weather system. It was very gusty
> when I was there in February, really very "fresh"!
December 08, 2004 04:02PM
[www.weather.com]
This link will give you the highs and lows for January in celcius (I can't work out the fahrenheit either!)
December 08, 2004 05:17PM
Karoliina to convert farenheit to celsius you subtract 30 from the number of degrees given and then halve what's left, eg. 38 degrees farenheit is around 4 degrees celsius. That is just a rough guide, hope it helps.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 4