Driving to Woodbury Common

Posted by pbuyse2 
Driving to Woodbury Common
November 19, 2004 02:43PM
Am planning a trip by Rental car to Woodbury Common on a wednesday during the Easter period.
Any suggestions as to when to leave and when to come back in order to avoid the most traffic.
I am picking up the car around 10am and am want to take it back around 7pm.
Leaving from West 54th street and according to Yahoo the best route to take is by using the GW Bridge.
Tx, Pete
Re: Driving to Woodbury Common
November 19, 2004 05:14PM
Just found out on the way back to our hotel we need to take the Lincoln Tunnel, figured I add that to my post.
November 20, 2004 11:30AM
I went to woodbury common a few weeks ago, by bus. It took over an hour, and wasn't really worth it.
November 20, 2004 12:36PM
The question was not is it worth it, the question was about the gettting there by car.
We are going there and for us it is worth it and we are driving instead of taking the bus.
Got the car cheaper than the bus.
So any comments about when to actually leave and enter the city are welcome.
Leaving around 10am using the GW bridge and coming back in the afternoon using the Lincoln tunnel.
Best times is what I am looking for.
Day is a wednesday.
November 20, 2004 06:09PM
Calm down Peter mate.
I'm sure that someone will be able to help you.
It's supposed to be a nice drive and going by car will mean you can stop and have a look around if somewhere takes your fancy.
Rush hour is the same everywhere, so I would leave after the rush hour has finished.
Woodbury Common is open till late, so either come back before rush hour starts or come back later in the evening.

I'd agree.....Calm down!!!
November 21, 2004 08:20AM
And where did I lose my calm. Just looking for questions to my answers is all.
Have been to Woodbury several times in the past but never by car.
Best time to leave and enter Manhattan is the info I would like from New Yorkers.
Not if Woodbury Common is worth going, cause for us it is.
Tx
November 21, 2004 08:56AM
Well Peter, I'm sorry if my answer wasn't good enough for you. As you seem to have been to New York several times, I am sure you will have noticed that rush hour consists of the same times in the US as it does in Belgium. Then again, I'm sure someone in New York can tell you the same.
November 21, 2004 10:00AM
As many times I have been to Manhattan I have never driven a car around NYC, which is why I am looking for this kind of advice from New Yorkers.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 9