College

Posted by Samantha 
College
October 16, 2004 07:47PM
A couple of my friends and I were thinking about moving to New York and going to college there. We don't want a dorm room, we want an apartment or a house. Is it too expensive? I fell in love with New York. I'm obsessed with it, along with Law and Order. Where in New York is a great neighbor to live in?
Ben
Re: College
October 17, 2004 11:09AM
Spend a little time in the 'search' on this site and you'll have many New Yorkers ideas on what you've asked.
Kelly
October 17, 2004 11:46AM
an apartment is going to be quite expensive. I have no idea what your budget is, but it will be quite expensive. I'm sure you can figure in about $1000/month for rent, not including all the other bills you will have. I would not have been able to afford NYC as a student. Lots of students do, though, somehow.
October 17, 2004 01:07PM
I would be going to college in NY, but it is far too expensive since a part-time job is all I could handle as a student. And that would not be enough $$.

Good luck, though!

(Oh, and a house? Those do not exist in Manhattan (I think there are maybe two), and the houses in the outer boroughs are either not in a good location or very very expensive.)
October 17, 2004 03:18PM
thank you for replying...it helped me.
-SAM
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 2