going out in Manhattan/nightblubs chill-out bars

Posted by daphne 
Hi!!

My name is Daphne from Amsterdam,Holland and I'm visiting New York at this very moment up untill 16th of Januari. I'm traveling alone and really would like some advice about the night life of NY..don't like commercial places and trendy " looking good" places

I really like Drum'nbazz music...but also like music from the eighties/disco...and beautifull bars with chillout music and possibilities to dance...love dancing!

Can someone help me out??And tell/mail me some nice places to go(with address)..or where to look for informaton?

Any suggestion for christmas night are more than welcome as well(eventhough I would not like to pay 200 US for entrance)

I would really appriciate it a lot!!
Hug Daphne
Heather
Re: going out in Manhattan/nightblubs chill-out bars
December 15, 2002 07:11PM
Hi Daphne,
sorry I can't give advice about Dance clubs....that's really not my thing....but for a few good bars (and no, you don't need to dress up at all to go there....you can if you want, but jeans and sneakers are also OK):

Max Fish
178 Ludlow St on the lower east side.
Take the F train downtown to 2nd Ave.
And, there are also more good bars right around there.

Also:
Bar on A
it is on Avenue A at 11th or 10th Street. You can walk from Max Fish. All along Ave A you'll find many places to go.
Subway either F train to 2nd Ave and Houston, and walk up Ave A, or take the L train to First Ave and 14th Street and walk a little.

Or:
Tenth Street Lounge.
I like this place.
212 E. 10th St.
Between First and Second Ave
Take the 6 train to Astor Place.

Have a good time in NYC
Thank you so much!! There's a started to go and find out some nice places to hang out.
You newyorkers are so kind!!!!!
bye bye!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 7