Times Square

Posted by Mary 
Times Square
November 28, 2002 06:11AM
I have a newly married son, who is a Marine, returning this month from the Middle East. We have bought Chicago tickets for the Dec 30th and would like for them to stay in Times Square for the New Year's celebration - where would be a good place to stay not too expensive to enjoy the festivities and convenient to the threatre - (Mom and Dad are paying). Any suggestions for the short time they will be there? Thanks for any help.
Kelly
Re: Times Square
November 29, 2002 07:23AM
Honestly, if you want to stay right in times square for the time right around New Years, you won't get a room cheap, if you can get a room at all. Nov-Dec are really popular months to come to NY (the whole world comes here!).
Maybe you should consider a different area in Midtown. The Radisson Lexington Hotel has good rates, and it is about a 10-15 minute walk from Times Square. Anywhere you find in Midtown won't be far from the action!
December 01, 2002 05:43PM
hi
I`m planning on going to new york for march break.i would like to stay sround time square or manhatten garden but somwhere close to shopping malls and also whats would be a good hotel to stay in.I would need something good also for my 10 year old son.thanks
December 03, 2002 10:39AM
Our favorite hotel is the Marriott Marquis, located in Times Square. Suggest requesting a room with a view of Times Square or the river.
December 04, 2002 10:26PM
Hi,

You should know that Manhattan doesn't really have malls--people walk from store to store or take public transportation. Have a look at www.travelocity.com to see if you can find deals and reviews of local hotels.

Good luck!

MaryO
December 04, 2002 10:27PM
A Marine on leave should be able to take advantage of any connections the USO has. There used to be a USO place in Times Square--maybe look for it on the web?

Good luck!

MaryO
December 13, 2002 08:15PM
Thanks so much - hadn't thought of using the USO connection for them.
December 13, 2002 08:16PM
Thanks so much for your input - I'm sure they will enjoy the trip. Thanks again.
December 13, 2002 08:18PM
Thanks much for the information, I really want this to be special for them. I will try to see if they have rooms available.
December 13, 2002 08:19PM
I kind of figured that it would be very busy. I appreciate the info and thanks for your input.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 6