Clothes for bigger girls

Posted by Karolina 
Clothes for bigger girls
May 15, 2004 08:53AM
and one more thing, since I have more hips and thighs than allowed in the cover of Cosmopolitan I was wondering if you have any tips for trendy and nice clothes in NY?

jeans in size 16 (british)???

vintage clothes in any size?

flea markets?
Re: Clothes for bigger girls
May 15, 2004 09:34AM
As added by Betty:

Concentrate on two locations: Lord & Taylor, on Fifth Ave. at 39th Street. From there walk over 4 blocks to Macy's, Broadway. at 35th Street, and Daffy's, 34th St. & Broadway (across the street from Macy's).

A second destination is Chelsea: Filene's Basement and T.J. Maxx are in the same building on 6th Ave. at 19th Street. A couple of blocks up is Burlington Coat Factory, on 6th Ave. at 23rd Street.

Wear comfy shoes!
Abi
May 15, 2004 10:09PM
Real Women have curves!
Remember:
They get to be on the cover of cosmo, but we get to eat more chocolate.
May 16, 2004 03:59AM
Hi ya,

I have my natural curves and am reaally proud of ´em.

That´s why I was looking for trendy and nice clothes, no need to diet or starve. I like bums and thighs smiling smiley
May 16, 2004 06:41PM
If you are near Macy's there's an Ashleigh Taylor shop on 34th Street, right next to the Empire State building, they have larger sizes, I haven't been in there so I don't know what sort of clothes they have. There are 2 vintage shops on 23rd Street between 6th and 7th Avenues and one on 25th Street between 6th and 7th.
abi
May 17, 2004 01:16AM
I like being a bums and thighs girl too- I'm part samoan AND a new zealander so I got curves in all the places. I'm a brit 16/14 too- So we in the same boat here chickadee. Actually coz our country is a little big-peoples land, the plus size nice clothes are everywhere! you should come shopping over here! and take me back to new york with you. Coz I wanna go. So much.
Oracle
May 17, 2004 09:13AM
I still think the "women's" areas of the large department stores have the best selections, much more to choose from than the specialty shops. Most of the popular designers make their lines in petite and women's sizes too.
Krissi
May 17, 2004 10:30AM
This is quite a cheap store, but its very trendy and has an entire plus area. It's called Rainbow and there are a few of them but the only one i know of is on 5th Ave and I think its' 35th Street? It's in the 30's def.
May 17, 2004 03:17PM
Also try the top floor of Macys, they had quite a few designers with larger sizes. I got a fab silk shirt from their sales rack for only $12!! And, if you go to the customer services and show a foreign passport, they give you a discount card which gives you discount on everything including the sales stuff!!
Karolina
May 20, 2004 05:46AM
thank you all very very much

can´t wait to smell plastic burning

karolina
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 8