Attack on 9/11

Posted by Maddie 
Attack on 9/11
October 21, 2002 01:59PM
NewYorkers did the attack on 9/11 change the way you live today? If it did how? I would really like to get as many answers as I can for my Science Fair Project.
Re: Attack on 9/11
October 24, 2002 01:49PM
To all NewYorkers,
I'm Melissa form germany and I want to know how the attack on 9/11 change your live today? I need the informatin for a project in my history class! THANKS
October 24, 2002 05:00PM
Hey they should rebuild the world trade center towers again .
everybody is forgetting and the goverment is only thinking on the WAR and that is not fair .
REBUILD THE WTC as it was or more taller
if you are with me you can share your opinion
thanx
NY is the city of skyscrapers
And the world trade center?
Illusion
October 27, 2002 10:05AM
I think that they should make four buildings half the size. They would be connected by sky bridges. In the middle would be a foutain. And I think on 9/11 we saw the best of america and the worst. I think it made us stronger.
greet
October 28, 2002 08:02AM
i think it's a terrible thing what happened, and i was shocked. i think that they should make the buildings half size, but it has to look like it was.
much people got memories from that building, and i think it's important that they are gonna rebuild the World Trade Center.
October 31, 2002 01:58PM
I agree that the WTC's should be rebuilt...I miss them and our city looks empty without them! It pisses me off that people think we should put ourselves in this big bubble "oh no can't build tall buildings some crazy muslim is gonna run planes into them...." screw that....we can't live in fear
WeWillNOTLiveInFear
November 12, 2002 01:59PM
It is not about who has the higher towers, or how America feels the need to be "taller than the world" because that is not the truth. And if you knew anything about New Yorkers or Americans, you would know this instead of having your racist views of us. 9/11 hurt many many people, and you know something, not all of them were Americans! There were people from EVERY walk of life there. This was not a crime against AMERICANS so much as it was a crime against mankind as a whole. The sooner some of the left-wing butts learn this the better off the world can become! Grow up and stop making Americans seem like the bad people. We didn't ask for this, but they sure made us mourn it! We will rebuild, we will NOT live in fear, and we will stop terrorism, with or without the worlds help!
November 12, 2002 04:16PM
Look, I'm not American - however, I agree with everything the US stands for. The US gives all individuals the right to choose - and to succeed, unlike many of the more oppressed states. I am truly pissed off with folk knocking the States. Yes, they are an extremely powerful and wealthy nation - but this situation is entirely down to the fact that anyone CAN succeed in the US, regardless of color, creed or religion. It's a pity that some of our Eastern 'friends' don't have the same attitude as the US - if they were to allow individuality and creativity to flourish in their countries, this may stop the petty jealously emanating from these oppressed nations. It is unbelievably pathetic that some folk resort to blowing up innocents - simply because they live in centuries long before Christ, and don't even give their own people any basic rights.
I continue to regard the US as the 'pinnacle' and will strive to uphold their values. I will continue to visit NY - and no-one will stop me, and people like me, from admiring, enjoying and LOVING, everything American,
Cheers!!
November 13, 2002 02:44PM
I don't agree with all the emphasis being placed on how big or how many new buildings should stand where the WTC use to stand. I think now as a New Yorker and as country as a whole we should be concentrating on the fact that our country is at war and we need to protect ourselves --- all of us need to unite --- crime is back up since 9/11 and it's sickening!

We will all perish if this "war" gets to out of control - no one will be able to unite after nuclear or biological attacks and there will definitely be no rebuilding.

That beautiful sunny breazy day back in September ruined many lives and changed the outlook for the rest of us. We've shown these parasites who did this to us that we can rise above and stick together but lets keep that energy going - lets not forget all the patriotic things we spoke of after that horrible tragedy. Let's stick to our guns!

Let's forget the size of the buildings ( and yes, i know this is to show rememberance and honor) and focus on the quality of our lives --- because tomorrow will be different from today....
November 14, 2002 04:43AM
Hi,

I am from Holland, so you could think the wtc-attack didn't change my way of living.
But it did change my way of thinking and living.

I don't trust anybody from the Middle-East anymore..
I know there will be some good people there..but the good ones will always have to pay for the bad ones..

I like my own country, but it won't take any long before terrorism will enter Holland. Young muslim-people here are talking about Jihad, crazy people.
Holland is a democratic country, but they don't respect our way of living.
the only thing they can say is "Discrimination" and thats really true, here in holland. they even made a number (music) called "Kut-marokkanen" translated, "@#$%&-marocs" it's made by a maroc, he sings about discrimination in Holland, thinks everybody hates them, and that they don't have a reason.
Well..they are the biggest group of criminals in Holland. from little to big crimes. So I think thats reason enough.

Sorry when this was not what you asked.
But I thougt, maybe someone from the other side of the world want to know about how living in Holland is since the attack on your cities.
It's not as nice here as a few years ago..people are being killed for the most stupid things. (one boy was killed because he asked a bit respect from 2 boys in a shopping centre, nobody helped him, everyone is afraid I think) I know murder happens much more in America, but here in Holland we are very shocked by murder..because it just doesn't past in our way of living..we should be free of thinking and saying things.
But it looks like that's not possible anymore..they will punish you..not really what I like.

Maybe they should use the US-law, because the Dutch Law really don't work, when u kill someone here, you will have to go to jail for a maximum of 12 years..isn't that sick?? they call it live-long (dont know exactly word)
hahaha..
We could use a bit of your law smiling smiley

but this isn't going about a change of living anymore.
So I will quit.
Anyway, it changed my way of thinking en living.

Greetings,

Sjoerd from Zoetermeer,Holland
Tom
November 18, 2002 01:45AM
Hi Sjoerd,

I agree with much of what you said. If arabs and others who flee from their home countries don't like it in Europe or America they have to choice of going back to their countries. We sure didn't ask them to come in millions.

I wonder how "we" would be accepted in the arab countries... "Do as the government wants or get killed," right?. Women are for example not even allowed to drive a car in Saudi Arabia, and certainly not showing their face! If that isn't discrimination what is?

If a certain group of people feel they are treated worse than other groups they should ask themselves the questions: is it because something we have done? Do they have a reason for being reserved or doubtful towards us? What can we do to make them like us and become accepted? Not just screaming "discrimination!", "discrimination!" That will only make matters worse. It's like getting a bad grade in school: it most likely happend because you didn't do very well, not because the teacher "discriminated" you. Same thing with respect and affection: you can't demand it, you'll have to earn it.

Finally a piece of advice: When going/moving to another country; Try to adapt to that country's habits and customs, don't expect the country to adapt to suit you.

Thanks,

Tom
November 20, 2002 05:06AM
I'm Rache, and I'm from Sydney. One of thie first things everyone thought was, what are they going to put there now? Well, i bet someone has already thought of this, but how about a park? a plain and simple park? Green grass, big trees, a memorial - one of our biggest parks in Sydney is Hyde Park, and i love it. Just a thought.greet wrote:
>
> i think it's a terrible thing what happened, and i was
> shocked. i think that they should make the buildings half
> size, but it has to look like it was.
> much people got memories from that building, and i think it's
> important that they are gonna rebuild the World Trade Center.

Are they goin to rebuild it?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 3