Two days at Christmas - Which gallery exhibits?

I will be in New York for two days over the Chrismas holidays. I want to see the best of the current art exhibits. The kind of shows that will never make it to Dayton or Cincinatti. Where do I go?
Re: Hey I have a question
October 07, 2002 08:58AM
Dear New Yorker,
I have a question. What is it liek to now live in New York now that September 11th happened? How differently do you feel? I have two uncles in N.Y. Their names are Nick Tarul and Paul Tarul. MyUncle Nick Is building The new edition to Crarniege Hall. It is really interesting.
Kennedy
Re: Two days at Christmas - Which gallery exhibits?
October 07, 2002 05:26PM
Hello,
if you go to the Chelsea section, you will see a really great response from one of our readers about galleries in Chelsea--under Neighborhood News. I agree with what is written there--very cool, most likely not to be found in Ohio,
have fun
Kennedy
Re: Two days at Christmas - Which gallery exhibits?
October 07, 2002 05:29PM
If anyone is interested in hip, unusual (in many cases) art of all kinds, I highly recommend going off the beaten path a bit and heading to the Chelsea galleries. From 22nd St to 26th Street, mostly between 10th and 11th Aves, there is one great gallery after the next. Some between 9th and 10th Aves, same streets. Most if not all are free to get into, and you can make a really fun day of it. Photography, painting, sculpture, all different than what you see in "typical" museums . Paul Morris gallery, Robert Miller Gallery, Cheim and Read, DIA, others. Highly recommend taking some time to check it out.

This is the message posted in the Chelsea Neighborhood News section!
Jennifer
Re: Hey I have a question
October 07, 2002 05:31PM
What's it like to live in New York after September 11?
Still as great as ever, with a few things changed. There is a different spirit in the air, pride and sensitivity. It is sad each time to look to the sky and not see the buildings you could once see from any point in the city.
PS: I am going to carnegie hall for the first time in a couple weeks!
n/a
rockefeller center christmas
October 09, 2002 11:03PM
I would like to know when the lighting of the christmas tree is this year and the "rockefeller center christmas ( that I always see on tv) is?? thanks.
Re: Rockefeller center christmas
October 12, 2002 12:44PM
it is on the 6 dec i think it is about 6.45
Re: Rockefeller center christmas
October 12, 2002 12:52PM
hey there sorry The Rockefeller Center tree will be lit this year on Wednesday, December 4th, 2002 at 8:50pm following a 2-hour presentation.
go to nyctourist.com it gives you all the info.
day/night on December 4th in NY
October 17, 2002 11:04AM
My friends and I came to New York City last Thanksgiving to see the Macy's parade along with enjoying other events.

This year my husband and I would like to come to New York City to see the Christmas Tree light up, etc.

Could you please tell me what other events happen on the day/night on December 4th and is that the date of the Christmas Tree being lite up?

Also, I have a handicap placid because I have a lot of problems with my legs/surgeries, etc., so I can't walk very much. Could you please give me some advise where and the name of a very nice hotel near Rockerfellow Center is because I heard that is where all the acitivies are going to take place that evening?

Are they going to have a Parade and are the Rocketts going to perform?

Thank you,
Dottie
Re: Rockefeller center X-mas
October 20, 2002 01:28PM
i wanted to confirm information about the tree lighting cermony like where and when and so on........i am from new jersey and would love to see it live this year..............
plays on December 3-4 in NY
October 22, 2002 06:06PM
I am bringing my mother to NY December 3-4. Of all the current plays, which would you recommend? Her dream has always been to see a Broadway play. And when is the lighting of "the" tree?

Namaste --
Nancy
Re: plays on December 3-4 in NY
November 24, 2002 04:00PM
My recommendation would be "Hairspray"...it's very good and funny
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 9