Bike Hire/Ice skating.

Posted by Tony. 
Tony.
Bike Hire/Ice skating.
February 16, 2004 05:48AM
Hello there.

Ive been trying to find a website for a bicycle/tandem hire close to Central Pk to no avail. Can you help?

We are planning to cycle round the park and go ice skating too - do you feel it would be safe to leave the bikes parked at such a location?

And finally - which of the ice rinks would you recommend in the park - I guess everyone would have their favs. Whats yours and why?

Thank you all.
Kelly
Re: Bike Hire/Ice skating.
February 16, 2004 07:00AM
GOTHAM BIKES DOWNTOWN
112 WEST BROADWAY
NEW YORK, NY 10013
212-732-2453
you can rent a bike at this place.
The rental rate is $30 for 24 hours, plus a $300 credit card deposit which will be refunded upon return of the bike.

[www.centralparkbiketour.com]
a mountain bike all day is $35, $25 for three hours.
212-541-8759 is the number to call.

there is a place called Pedal Pusher on the upper east side, 1306 Second Ave, that rents bikes.
the phone number is 212 288 5592
they rent out skates too.
bike rental cost is $6/hour or $17/day, from 10am-6pm
they are closed tuesdays.
Tony
February 16, 2004 07:49AM
Thanks Kelly. Any thoughts on the ice skating venture?
Kelly
February 16, 2004 11:56AM
I am terrible at ice skating, so I never go, but if I were to go, I'd go to Wollman Rink in Central Park. And I would not leave a bike or any other personal belongings unattended. Definately lock your bike up. I would imagine that anywhere you rent a bike from will provide a lock as well. I'm sure you will be safe in Central Park, but still, don't leave that bike unlocked.
February 16, 2004 04:01PM
Why not rent a bike, enjoy the ride, then return the bike and go skating? Seems more logical than paying an hourly fee for the bike to be chained to a fence.

The Wollman Rink is a 10-minute walk from where you rent the bikes.

By the way, the park roads are closed on weekends to cars. It's a great scenic loop for riding.
Olatx.
February 17, 2004 05:04AM
Betty and Kelly.

Many thanx for the info. Im off to Dublin tonight and will be catching my flight to New York tomorrow morning.

How excited am I? VERY!!
February 17, 2004 02:51PM
Have a great time! Maybe we'll run into each other.
March 13, 2010 07:26PM
Last summer we had a lot of fun riding. We enjoyed cycling through Central Park. When we come to NYC, we always rent our bikes from Bike Rental Central Park . They always welcome us with friendly crew. Their bikes are good quality as well. They are located at 57st.
March 14, 2010 09:57PM
We rented bikes at a place next to the Boathouse restaurant. Being budget-minded and (so I thought) in good shape, I opted for a one-speed cruiser. Two minutes into the ride, I learned something I did not know about Central Park...It's not flat! There are HILLS...who knew??! I huffed & puffed & PUSHED that dang bike in a couple of places. The slacker attendant could have upgraded me to a 10-speed for a few more bucks had he told me there were at least two hills to climb. (To the north)

You have been warned... :-)
March 29, 2010 06:54PM
There are a lot of bike rentals businesses in manhattan area. Central Park, Hudson River Bike way, Brooklyn Bridge are nice place to bike. When my bike friends visit me we usually rent from these guys - Bike Rental NYC - they have nice bikes, very friendly and at reasonable pricethumbs up
Me and my family rented bikes at Bike Rental Central Park last October and were very pleased to discover that you can do the whole entire Central Park in less then three hours. The bike rental place was very neat and conveniently located couple of blocks away from the park. The address is 348 W 57 ST New York. The bikes were great. We booked online and got the 50% off. their website is [www.bikerentalcentralpark.com] and their phone number is 212-664-9600. I definitely recommend this activity to people who dont have much time and want to see the whole Central Park.
by John.

<a href="[www.bikerentalcentralpark.com">Central] Park Bike Tours</a>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 4