To whom it may concern.

Posted by CamieHall 
To whom it may concern.
August 24, 2003 01:22PM
Why are newyorkers so mean? Why do they drink so much?
Re: To whom it may concern.
August 24, 2003 02:44PM
Because they are lonley... and are too concentrate in money
michel
August 24, 2003 03:03PM
i am not from NYC but i am from a big city in holland..
in a big city it is very busy, people are in a rush,, which makes them snappy from time to time... because there are so many different people in the city ,you will have to show your teeth from time to time... dog eat dog you know.. and why do they drink so much,, i dont know about that,, but i quess you went to the wrong bar or something
Marybeth
August 24, 2003 05:20PM
what gives you the idea that all new yorkers drink so much?
this is a very silly assumption, and not true overall.
same thing with the "mean" new yorkers...
most are extremely friendly.
Maybe you are the mean one? Just a thought.
maybe not.
August 24, 2003 07:12PM
Good on you Marybeth. I think CamieHall must be very narrow minded to generalise and assume that all New Yorkers are the same. I wonder if she has even been to New York. I find New Yorkers extremely friendly and helpful and I haven't noticed that they drink any more than any other city.
Paul
August 24, 2003 07:40PM
I recently moved to NYC about four months ago and can honestly say that most New Yorkers aren't mean. I have seen some very generous and kind people. It is a very fast paced city, so they may not stop to talk to you, but if a New Yorker sees sometimes needs help I always see somebody helping them. Maybe you have had a bad run in, but I find most to be very nice.

As for the drinking I don't think its any different from any other city. I am from Cleveland and have lived there for 24 years and don't think they drink any more or less than New Yorkers, its all the same.
August 25, 2003 10:01AM
On a positive note, we can drink all we want. Unlike THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, we don't have to drive home.
Kelly
August 25, 2003 10:03AM
great great answer, betty!
August 25, 2003 08:17PM
Good one Betty
August 27, 2003 10:35PM
Not all New Yorkers are mean. Though, some can be sorta rude(they're usually just being honest), it really depends on the person and the kind of family they grew up in. (I, growing up in the South was taught that it was rude to be "too" honest, but that's not always the best...)New Yorkers can be nice. . . But I've never heard that they drank too much... All the New Yorkers that I've been around, that drank, didn't drink too much...
mark
August 28, 2003 11:10AM
Why are people around the world so mean? Why do they drink so much? Why are immature people allowed to surf the net and post without supervision?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 3