Finding Saturday Weird in NYC

Posted by Trachton 
Finding Saturday Weird in NYC
January 11, 2011 02:30PM
I'm staying in Soho and want to find something really weird... suggestions for this Saturday?
Re: Finding Saturday Weird in NYC
January 11, 2011 04:56PM
Now the performances are mostly amazing burlesque style. The performers the night i went were excellent. Except one act i was very offended with, but at least i wasnt in the range to get hit by..what appeared to be a she-male peeing.

I would display pictures of the place, but they dont allow cameras. Even though i have some pics, out of respect for the establishment, i will not post and just keep these private.

I enjoyed the clientèle too... a nice cross section of the underbelly and weirdness of the new york city.

I highly recommend going there if you can. Even just once, you'll understand why this place is a must see place to be.

However, I don't think i need to go again, unless I know I am getting in.Profile

This particular box was a defunct twenties sign factory until Serge Becker (La Esquina, 205) joined theater folk Richard Kimmel, Randy Weiner, and Simon Hammerstein in reimagining it as an intimate Hammerstein Ballroom (which was built by Simon’s grandfather Oscar). So now, up a curving, Persian-rugged staircase is a mezzanine of armchairs gathered around a display of antique bottles exhumed during construction. The newly New Orleans–style balustrade overlooks bejeweled chandeliers and a mirrored back bar equipped with towering molded cabinets. The small bar upstairs caters to those dining in the velvet-curtained balcony booths; downstairs, dinner unfolds in spacious U-booths a step up from the parquet floor. The state-of-the-art stage is graced by circus stars, human oddities, and avant-garde thespians from France, Russia, and even Brighton Beach—a mix as fanciful and incongruous as the layered wallpaper of cherubs, Chinese fighting fish, and flappers. — Daniel Maurer

[www.theboxnyc.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 05:02PM by askanewyorker.
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 23