restaurants good for vegans AND non-vegans/vegetarians alike

Posted by Kelly 
restaurants good for vegans AND non-vegans/vegetarians alike
April 26, 2010 11:02AM
ok, I have this friend who is vegan, and I'm not at all vegan, not at all even vegetarian.
It's very hard to find somewhere to go where we can both have something we like.
Any ideas?
I found one place, The Elephant on E. 1st. St, but they are closed for renovations this week! I need another idea. I don't want to eat at a place that's designed all for vegans. Help.
I haven't been here, but I always hear raves, even from non-vegans:
[www.candle79.com]

They have a more casual sister restaurant on Third Ave.:
[www.candlecafe.com]
Re: restaurants good for vegans AND non-vegans/vegetarians alike
April 26, 2010 12:24PM
that's my vegan friend's favorite place, Oracle!
We're going here instead: Hangawi on E. 32nd St, [www.hangawirestaurant.com]
That looks good too, though I'm not a fan of Korean food. Have a nice dinner, and report back.
April 27, 2010 07:16PM
Hangawi was really good, actually. I wasn't searching the vegan menu for something I could "settle" for, there were several tasty-sounding options. I got vegetable dumplings to start and a sweet and sour mushroom dish with rice for my main course. It was good.
And, the tofu cheesecake actually tasted like regular cheesecake.
The place was packed! Make a reservation.
You have to take your shoes off, so if you go be sure to wear good socks! Ha ha!
October 02, 2010 04:13PM
we were at Candle 79 today, a friend was having his "wedding reception" there. They got married a couple weeks ago in Texas and had a party for their NY people today. Anyway, people were raving about the place and everyone loved the food. I was so-so about it, but then again I'm a super picky eater, especially when it comes to veggie things.
We were just having appetizers anyway. but, the space was nice and it's probably a good place to go if you are vegan, they say it's the best vegan/vegetarian restaurant in new york city.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 9