Gastropubs open at Christmas?

Posted by Hazel 
Gastropubs open at Christmas?
October 12, 2009 05:00PM
Hi there,

Now it's October I feel it's acceptable to start asking about Christmas preparations!

Me and my husband are coming to New York on 23rd December (my birthday!) for our second honeymoon. We've been to NYC at this time of year before and loved it. We did the Tavern on the Green thing on Christmas day which was fun but this year we'd like something a bit more casual, yet still traditional in some way.

We fancied a gastropub for good wholesome food on Xmas day, but so far the ones I've contacted are not open. Does anyone know of any that will be open on the 25th or can you recommend anywhere else? I keep searching the net for ideas but it's a bit of a minefield to be honest!

Thanks x
Oracle?
Re: Gastropubs open at Christmas?
October 14, 2009 07:00PM
Gastropubs aren't big here, I think I've only heard of a couple. You can check opentable.com. It requires free registration, and then you can search to see what's available. It's still early though, many restaurants don't accept reservations so far in advance. I would wait until at least the last week in November.

When I start seeing lists of places serving holiday dinners, I'll post a link here.
Oracle?
October 22, 2009 02:56PM
I found a gastropub!! I called the Clerkenwell (which gets excellent reviews), and they haven't decided whether to open on Christmas. Perhaps if they get enough interest, they will. Here's their web site. Send them a note (info@clerkenwellny.com) with your email address, and they'll let you know when they decide -- they said it would be some time in November when they'll know.

[www.clerkenwellny.com]
November 03, 2009 04:02PM
Thank you so much, I will give them a go!
November 07, 2009 10:04AM
Manhattan Inn
632 Manhattan ave
Greenpoint Brooklyn
718-383-0885
[ny.eater.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 10:06AM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 13