Tree at Rockefeller

Posted by Loxi 
Tree at Rockefeller
November 06, 2009 05:10PM
What time do they start blocking off the area near the tree on the date of the lighting Dec.2nd. I have been planning big surprise for my son that morning, to now find out it's the date of the ceremony. He has no idea he will find his dad there, the first time he will have his parents together in over 23yrs!
Oracle?
Re: Tree at Rockefeller
November 07, 2009 10:34AM
I don't know what time they start blocking everything off, but people do arrive very early, and of course it takes all day to set up for the big event. Are you looking for an outdoor location?
November 07, 2009 12:11PM
I guess it does not have to be outdoors. But being that it is his gift from us, the tree would be perfect. Did you have another idea?
Oracle?
November 07, 2009 12:28PM
I'm not sure, I can't picture exactly what kind of meeting you're trying for. What about meeting over a meal? Breakfast, lunch?
November 07, 2009 05:40PM
Just a surprise for both parents to spend time with him together. His Dad has always been a part of his life and we all had a good relationship. We lived in Texas and his dad in Ga. He has just never had us all together once we divorced when he was very young. Other than a few short moments or a death in the family..things of that nature. My son lives in Hawaii now and I am taking him to NYC as a Christmas gift, then his dad and I came up with this idea! As I filmed it, he was going to find his gift under the most famous tree in the world...His Dad! So it's not really a meeting.
Oracle?
November 07, 2009 06:08PM
That's very sweet, and I like the idea of the present under the tree. I guess I'm asking what you'll want to do after that initial meeting? Will you want a quiet place to sit and talk? Will you spend the day sightseeing? And, what if the weather doesn't cooperate?
November 07, 2009 07:25PM
Son and I will be in NYC for 2 days before Dad arrives. Dad wants to see certain things, so I have to stall Dallon (son) on those sites...lol. But, I'm quick on my feet! I have been twice and the day I win the lotto, I will LIVE there! Anyway, I am sure we will go and eat lunch. If the tree plan does not work out, maybe the top of the Empire or in front of Macy's window for the surprise. Thanks for your replies...WooHoo...I can claim I know a New Yorker! Like you and all others who know about the surprise, the tree idea is the best. Hope it works out.
November 08, 2009 09:01AM
After the initial greeting The Rock Center Cafe restaurant would be a great spot to have lunch.
Dallon in NYC!
[www.rockefellercenter.com]
Aloha

<embed src="[blip.tv]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2009 09:13AM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 9