Waterside Plaza?

Posted by chris 
chris
Waterside Plaza?
February 14, 2005 06:51PM
Hey guys, I've posted a few times before. I'm going to be in NYC for about 2 weeks up to possibly one month this summer. Still looking for a rental apartment (as opposed to a hotel) and have found a few I'm considering but am still affraid to commit to one...you know the thing, kind of like you commit to one and then a better one comes along? LOL

Anyway, one that looks kind of interesting is in an area called Waterside Plaza. It is between 23rd and 35th Streets and I think it's near the UN. It has awesome East River views and looks OK online but I know things can be made to look good online and then be a dump when you actually see it in person. This is the situation that scares me the most, paying for something and then arriving in NYC only to discover my home away from home is a nightmare.

I am not so sure about this location as it seems I'd have to spend a good bit of time and possibly money on transportation as most all I'll be doing in the city will be the "touristy" stuff which appears to be mostly in mid-town. But would it be worth it if the place is nice and has great views and a bit less expensive than something in midtown or Murry Hill area?

Anyway, sorry to go on and on...is anyone familar with this Waterside Plaza? Anything info at all would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Re: Waterside Plaza?
February 16, 2005 02:52PM
The UN area can kind of suck because there are no subways nearby. You have to do a lot of walking or find a crosstown bus to get you near a subway. Factor that into your decision, or ask potential landlord how close you REALLY are to a nearby subway.
February 23, 2005 10:11PM
I have lived at Waterside Plaza for the past 7 years. The builidngs are in good shape, with ongoing renovations. This is a very nice community that is not very far away from anything. the M16 bus route begins and ends at Waterside Plaza, and can get you to the subway. It is a short walk to First Avenue for northbound buses. In the summer you may prefer taking buses wherever you can. We have a beautiful new park - Stuyvesant Cove - south of 23rd Street, along the East River. The plaza on the river is great in the summer and cooler than the rest of the city.

Good luck in your search.
February 23, 2005 10:57PM
Really Chris, I don't think you need to worry too much about where you are staying so long as it is easily accessible to transport, you are probably only going to be sleeping there, make up your mind before you miss the best place. Are you the person that was wondering about E51st Street between 1st and 2nd, you would be mad not to stay in that area, it is really nice and so accessible to so many areas. Remember that the subway is twice as fast as a bus.
Kelly M
March 14, 2005 06:59PM
for future reference, because people ask about certain apartment complexes and such once in a while, I wanted to post this link that tells you details about properties in NYC. [www.propertyshark.com]
April 29, 2008 02:03AM
Waterside Plaza is strange place to be, too isoloated from the new york. i live here. it is nice but it is strange at the same time. i love my doormen, fast elevators, stationary store downstairs, a guy who is 7 foot 9 that lives in the 10 building, gotta love it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2008 02:04AM by (n/a).
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 17