Buying tickets for Yankees v Red Sox

Posted by MsAustralia 
Hi
Would love to catch a baseball match during my upcoming trip to NY,
and have been trying to buy three tickets off the ticketmaster site for the Yankees v Red Sox match on Thursday July 3rd, but without much luck.
Am I doing it incorrectly or would it really be possible for virtually all cheaper-priced tickets to have sold out so far in advance...?
(I'm not that familiar with the MBL so please excuse any ignorance!)
TIA for all your help smiling smiley
Re: Buying tickets for Yankees v Red Sox
April 26, 2008 09:22AM
It is most likely that it is already sold out, Yankees v Red Sox normally are. You could try going to www.stubhub.com it is an official website where people sell tickets that they won't use but you will most likely have to pay premium prices. You could also go to www.craigslist.com
MsAustralia
April 26, 2008 08:19PM
Thank you so much!
One other quick question...
The only tickets available (within my budget) on those sites
seem to be for the bleachers or super high tiers
Looking at the stadium map, it's clear the 30+ seats are nose bleed ones,
but are the bleachers even within the stadium?
Which would you recommend of the two ?
Thanks in advance again smiling smiley
April 26, 2008 09:53PM
I'm so glad you came back on, I was just telling my husband (a huge Yankees fan) about your question and he asked if I had told you which to look for. The tier seats are much better than the bleechers, even though you are really up high the view is much better, in the bleechers you are a lot further away from the action. By the way we are from Clovelly Beach in Sydney, where are you from? We're living here for the 2nd time around.
MsAustralia
April 27, 2008 12:41AM
Thank you so much again smiling smiley
Oh wow!!! It's always nice to hear of Aussies abroad smiling smiley
We're from Parramatta, so definitely looking forward to two-weeks of big city living smiling smiley
Any others recs for a bunch of 20-something girls? (with an insatiable appetite for shopping!)
Ps- Let me know if hubby wants an update on the NRL smiling smiley
Thanks again!
April 27, 2008 08:43AM
Wow, 2 weeks is great, you'ff be able to see and do a lot in that time.

I've got family in the Parramatta area and one of my sons and his fiance recently bought a place at Merrylands. We read the Sydney papers online everyday and my daughter's friend plays for the Roosters so we are up to date on the NRL, but thanks for the offer.

I just had a 20 something friend stay with me and the places she loved for shopping were Soho, Filene's and DSW at Union Square and Macys. When at Macys go to the visitors centre show some Aussie ID and they will give you a discount card for 11% off your purchases. I believe Bloomingdales have the same deal. You will probably like Zara and H&M as well as we don't have either of them in Australia, they both have shops in Soho as well as other locations, in fact there are 2 H&Ms near Macys.

If you have any other questions, let me know. By the way where are you staying?
MsAustralia
April 27, 2008 06:54PM
Wow! Thanks for all the tips- You've been so great smiling smiley
I went to Europe last year and got kind of obsessed with Zara, so i can't wait to have a look again, but I've also heard Soho is great for shopping-
We've put aside a day to wander through No Lita, Noho, Greenwhich, Soho and West Village- So I hope that's do-able!
We're staying at the Hotel Penn - i havent heard the best things about it, but we were happy with the price and location, because i think we'll spend most of our time in midtown (and we're also planning to catch some buses out of there and do day trips to Boston and Washington). Where are you living at the moment? Manhattan?
Thanks for all the tips again. Let me know if you'd like us to bring a Tim Tam delivery over smiling smiley
Ps- Merrylands is so close! I wouldn't be surprised if we knew people in common!
April 27, 2008 11:04PM
One day may not be enough for those areas if you are intending to shop as well.

Also Boston and Washington would not be good for day trips, I know Boston is over 3 hours by train (don't know by bus) and I think it took us nearly an hour to fly to Washington so I imagine it would be at least 3 hours by bus as well. I have visited both and spent 2 days and 2 nights in each and still didn't see everything I wanted to, they both have so many interesting places. Philadelphia would be a better day trip, it is only an hour by train.

The Penn doesn't get good reviews but it is convenient and I imagine you won't be spending much time in your rooms. We live quite close to it on W31st near 5th Ave. If you are looking for good places to go out at night you may like the lower east side, my youngest son is living with us at the moment, he is 26 and seems to like that area the best.

Thanks for the tim tam offer but we have a constant stream of visitors coming from home so have regular deliveries, in fact I'll be back in Sydney myself for most of May.
MsAustralia
April 27, 2008 11:39PM
Thank you for those suggestions!
You've def given me some things to reconsider before we get there!
Hope the weather gets its act together for your time back here !
And thanks again for all your help smiling smiley
April 28, 2008 08:33AM
Yeah, I'm hoping things pick up before I get back. That reminds me of the other thing I meant to mention, the weather in July will be very hot, quite oppressive in fact, just thought you should be prepared. July is a good time though, there will be free concerts in Central Park and of course street fairs on the weekends.
MsAustralia
April 28, 2008 04:53PM
I'd heard that, but figured if i could survive Sydney Summers for 25 years I'd be oksmiling smiley Have we underestimiated the ferociosness of the heat, though?! We're hoping to go the Coney Island on the 4th of July and can't wait!!!
April 28, 2008 06:56PM
I wouldn't describe it as ferocious, the sun isn't as strong here but it is humid and it doesn't cool down in the evenings.

There will be thousands of people at Coney Island on the 4th July, that is when they have the Hot Dog eating contest, it's massive and telecast live, I have even seen it replayed in Australia and Korea so be prepared.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 13