chocolate

Posted by kate 
chocolate
July 15, 2004 07:37AM
I am in NY visiting and would like to know where the finest chocolates are. Dark and Milk...but comparable to swedens?

Any thoughts??
Oracle
Re: chocolate
July 15, 2004 09:14AM
I like Maison du Chocolate, an outpost of the famous Paris shop. It's on W. 49th Street between 5th-6th Avenues. I also like Godiva, which has shops all over the place. And there's a couple of Leonides (sp?) shops around, which is a fabulous Belgian chocolate.
July 15, 2004 09:34AM
When I was in Chicage, I went to a chocolatier called Moonstruck, which was also a fantastic coffee shop. Apparently their handmade chocs are on sale in a couple of stores in NY...one in Brooklyn.(Bierkraft.191 5th Ave, Brooklyn)
July 15, 2004 09:35AM
and of course, that should read CHICAGO, but I think I've got my gormless head on today.
July 15, 2004 05:57PM
The fantastic Neuhaus, a Belgian chocolatier, is located on the corner of 42nd Street and Vanderbilt Ave (actually in Grand Central Station). Unfortunately US chocolate is very, very disappointing compared to European chocolate, so I can't recommend anything home-grown!
July 17, 2004 09:08PM
The best chocolates are the Special Dark Kisses at HERSHEY'S Times Square at 48th & Broadway.

[www.hersheystimessquare.com]
Oracle
July 19, 2004 09:54AM
Pakora, there's also a Neuhaus on Broadway in the 70s.
Broklyn
July 19, 2004 09:59AM
Staten Island,
Sorry major sisagreement with your assesment. Herseys on 42nd street is not only a designers nitemare but there selection is very weak. They spent more money on the store front luring in unsuspecting tourist then they did on the inventory. It's bad.
July 19, 2004 10:27PM
The chocolate here in New York is not nearly as good as anywhere in Europe or even Australia, the only one I like so far is Hersheys Almond and Toffee.
Chocolate
November 10, 2004 04:21PM
The swiss come to us!!

Teuscher chocolates of Switzerland
620 5th Ave
212-246-4416

martine's chocolates
Bloomingdales
1000 3rd Ave
212-705-2347
November 10, 2004 05:59PM
I love Godiva. My favorite chocolate treat is Ice Cubes that you buy at 7-11, and my favorite candy bar is a Midnight Milky Way. Brazilian chocolate is quite good. Garota is the brand we like.
Kelly
November 11, 2004 04:44PM
Check this out this weekend!

The Chocolate Show
When:11 - 14 Nov 2004 (annual)
Where:Metropolitan Pavilion
Cost:US$20; students US$15; children US$10; under 6s free
Opening Hours:10am-7pm

This event at the Metropolitan Pavilion is dedicated solely to chocolate, from preparation to appreciation, with chocolate makers and master chefs offering their creations.
Expect insights into chocolate making, with lectures on the history of chocolate, different "styles" of chocolate and chocolate etiquette as well as demonstrations on how to make it and the chance to see chocolate paraphernalia from the past.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 16