Please suggest the way to commute in new york

Posted by hunka 
Hi,

I am coming to new yokr via Greyhound hound, would stay here for a day or two in the
American Dream Hostels 168 East 24th Street (between Lexington and 3dr Avenue), New York, NY 10010
1. Is the area safe?
2.Can anyone suggest how to commute to 4802 Tenth Avenue,Brooklyn, NY 11219 from this place?
I can't afford cabs.

Many thanks,

Hunka
KellyM
Re: Please suggest the way to commute in new york
September 22, 2005 06:18AM
safe area.
go to hopstop.com for commuting help
hunka
September 22, 2005 07:31AM
thank you very much.
September 22, 2005 08:44PM
hunka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> I am coming to new yokr via Greyhound hound, would
> stay here for a day or two in the
> American Dream Hostels 168 East 24th Street
> (between Lexington and 3dr Avenue), New York, NY
> 10010
> 1. Is the area safe?
> 2.Can anyone suggest how to commute to 4802 Tenth
> Avenue,Brooklyn, NY 11219 from this place?
> I can't afford cabs.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Hunka
>

You can also try super shuttle at www.supershuttle.com. You can get a one way shuttle bus service from either airport for under $20.
Or try AirlinkNY.
Red
September 23, 2005 09:40AM
Uh, eagles, hunka isn't coming into an airport. She's coming into the Port Authority Bus Terminal, which isn't served by those shuttle buses.

Hopstop has probably told you already, but from that location DOWNTOWN, you take the #6 train from 23rd and Park to Bleecker St, where you connect to the D train to Fort Hamilton Parkway. Returning UPTOWN, if it is before 7:30 PM, take the M train to Canal Street for the 6. If it's after 7:30 PM, take the D to Pacific Street for the 4, take that to 14th Street, and switch for the 6.

I work a few blocks away from 24th and Lex. It's a perfectly nice area. Check out all the Indian restaurants up between 25th and 27th Streets on Lex. There's a great Irish pub, Molly's, on 3rd between 21st and 22nd. If you're looking for a traditional NYC diner, go to the Lyric at 22nd and 3rd. Rice at 28th and Lex is also a very good inexpensive lunch choice.
hunka
September 23, 2005 07:51PM
Yes, I would be coming to new york via greyhound. was just concerned about the cost, and the safe places.modes of transportation.

Thank you guys, you new yorkers are great!! Appreciate it.
Barnacles.
September 24, 2005 10:11AM
I know this isn't an answer to your question, but...
I've stayed at the American Dream Hostel and it's in a fabulous location. There's a bus right outside the door.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 7