Greek Food

Posted by J Brown 
J Brown
Greek Food
September 21, 2005 09:53AM
I visit Chicago a lot and I love their greek town and its amazing food. I was wondering if there was anywhere in New York that had really great greek food. Thanks!
Leigh
Re: Greek Food
September 21, 2005 11:09AM

Apparently Molyvos within the Wellington Hotel -55th St & 7th Avenue is good. Greek food is fabulous! Have you had Baklava? - to die for.
Kelly M
September 21, 2005 01:36PM
I've heard the best greek food is in Astoria, Queens. I'm not a fan, personally, but apparently in Astoria it's great.
Betoracle
September 21, 2005 02:12PM
I know there are wonderful neighborhood places in Astoria, but I can't help you with those. Unfortunatley I only know the "expense account" Greek restaurants in Manhattan. I really like Estiatorio Milos in midtown. It's expensive but lovely, and a better deal for lunch than dinner.

www.milos.ca

I've never been to Molyvos, but hear it's wonderful.
Kelly M
September 21, 2005 04:39PM
if you see the home page of this site, the upper right side, under the big apple greeter logo, you will see a neighborhood profile of Astoria, and in that file are greek restaurant recommendations.
Red
September 23, 2005 10:15AM
Ugh ugh UGH!!!!

I just looked at that Greeter page and I can't BELIEVE they are recommending Uncle George's, purveyor of industrial sludge. It is impossible to go home from that place without having your stomach turn from the grease. And the Greek Captain for seafood? Who are they kidding?

The best seafood, everyone knows, is at Elias Corner for Fish, on 31st Street and 24th Avenue. For ultra-cheap Greek in the Uncle George's mold, go to Opa! at 31st Street and 30th Avenue, but that won't really wow your taste buds; for a more civilized taverna with better cooking, go to Zenon at 31st Avenue and 34th Street, and if you have $20-30/person, do Telly's Taverna on 23rd Avenue at 30th Street. Whatever you do, follow up with pastries and coffee frappes at Athens Cafe at 30th Avenue and 34th Street, and whet your appetite with some Greek food shopping at Titan Supermarket at 31st Street north of 28th Avenue.
September 23, 2005 02:02PM
Red Rocks!
Red
September 23, 2005 02:43PM
Thanks. You rock too.
J Brown
September 23, 2005 07:49PM
Thanks for all the info!!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 5