Shopping/Broadway Show Tickets

Posted by MariamE 
Shopping/Broadway Show Tickets
December 10, 2013 11:42AM
Hello!

I am traveling to NYC for the first time with my husband on December 23 to the 28th. I was wondering if it is actually worth it to go to the premium outlets and how long it takes/what is the best way to get there?

Any advice also on Broadway shows and the best way to get tickets? As well as for a basketball game?

I will there for Christmas! Is there lots of things open or any suggestions on things to do on that day?

Thanks!!!
Re: Shopping/Broadway Show Tickets
December 12, 2013 06:58PM
Dec 23-28th
Knicks - Wed, Dec-25, 2:30pm, vs. Oklahoma City, Fri, Dec-27, 7:30pm, vs. Toronto
Brooklyn Nets: Mon, Dec-23, 7:30pm, vs. Indiana; Wed, Dec-25, 12:00pm, vs. Chicago; Fri, Dec-27, 7:30pm, vs. Milwaukee
Rangers at MSG: Mon, Dec 23, 7:00pm vs. Toronto
More Info: http://www.nycinsiderguide.com/new-york-city-events-december/

Christmas - tons of attractions are open, but there are definitely closures as well:
http://www.nycinsiderguide.com/christmas-in-new-york-city/

Broadway - more info would be helpful. What are your tastes? Other shows you've liked? Most shows are closed Christmas Day, and Mondays, but will be open on the other days you're here.

It's hard to answer about the outlets...depends on if you're looking for something specific and if NY (the US) is cheaper than where you are from. Keep in mind a lot of the "outlet stores" carry outlet clothes - stuff they make specifically for the outlets, not their usual merchandise. They are about an hour away from NYC by bus and will surely be PACKED from Dec 23-26th. But I'm sure everything will be on sale after the 26th.

Hope that helps!

Melissa
NYC Insider Guide
[www.nycinsiderguide.com]
December 17, 2013 11:34AM
Thanks so much for all the info!!

We are coming from Canada. Would you suggest to buy tickets for both the basketball game and broadway online? or are there kiosks and stuff that sell them around the city?

Thanks!
December 26, 2013 05:31PM
www.broadwaybox.com is where I have bought tickets in the past. You can pick up the tickets at the theatre. I have used it for NY and Las Vegas, for shows and for hotels.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 14