Where to live in NYC

Posted by Cherrie 
Where to live in NYC
July 01, 2013 03:49AM
Dear New Yorkers, please help!! I am moving from an Asian country to do postdoctoral research at NYU for a year, starting this fall. I will be coming with my ten-year old daughter. Where in New York is a good place to stay taking into account my affiliation with NYU AND the necessity of sending my daughter to a public school? I\'ve done the Craigslist search many, many, many times, but it is confusing because I can\'t tell whether the locations are practical/safe/convenient. For instance, is Jersey a good option? Is Queens too far, considering I have no one else to look after my daughter? Should I spend all I have on an apartment near NYU? I am at the end of my tether, so please, please, suggest some neighborhoods. My budget is tiny, btw. I honestly cannot go beyond $1500 per month.
Re: Where to live in NYC
July 01, 2013 08:54AM
for $1500 per month, I think you can forget about living by NYU. But that\'s OK, there are plenty of other good areas to check out. What about Woodside or Sunnyside, Queens? That\'s where I live, and it\'s a nice area, and I\'m sure you could find a place in your budget. Astoria in Queens is also a good option for you. Good luck.
July 22, 2013 02:56AM
It's easy to find a studio apartment in safe neighborhoods in Manhattan for $1500 or less. You just need to use the right online tools such as streeteasy.com. You can go to the rental section, choose the budget range, choose the neighborhoods in Manhattan except those above east 96th street. Enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2013 02:57AM by Viet.
August 14, 2013 09:57PM
Brooklyn or Queens would be better for that rental, just try to find somewhere that is near to a subway station. Bayridge is a bit of a commute, around 45 minutes but a really nice neighbourhood with lower rents.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 11