Walking beer tours

Posted by Lagentium 
Walking beer tours
June 05, 2013 02:43PM
Evening all, 2nd visit to New York after doing all the authentic tourist attractions last time! I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a walking tour that encompasses having a drink on the way etc? Thanks in advance, Jim
Re: Walking beer tours
June 05, 2013 05:51PM
I have a friend who makes up fun drinking tours. One was to google a list of the best chocolate shops, go to each one to buy one great piece of chocolate, then find the nearest bar to it, then move on to the next one, and keep on until you reach your limit. Another was the famous Gitface tour. We started at the Gingerman, moved on to a bar that started with I, then T, etc. I don\'t remember all of them, but we all staggered home safely!

If you like beer, you should visit the Brooklyn Brewery. Check their web site for tour hours. It\'s not really a tour, but the beer and the company are good, and there are plenty of other nearby drinking establishments.

There are also lots of biergartens, especially in the summer. There\'s a bit one at the Standard Hotel in the Meatpacking District, and several in Brooklyn.

Hopefully Kelly will chime in, I\'m sure she has some favorite spots.
Re: Walking beer tours
July 02, 2013 09:20AM
Here is an article on beer gardens from [www.timeout.com]
There are some wonderful bars in NYC. I think my tour would be to look for the most established bar on the block and mozey in.

An example would be Old Town Bar. [www.oldtownbar.com]
Oracle and I believe those friends she is talking about introduced us to this one a couple yrs ago while we were there. I\'m not a Bl_ _ dy Mary girl, but my friends all commented how good they were at Old Town. (That b word above is banned from the site fyi)

Enjoy your trip.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 14