UK Citizens marrying in New York

Posted by Youhill19 
UK Citizens marrying in New York
May 07, 2013 06:10AM
Hi All,

I am looking for advice on where to start in arranging a wedding in Manhattan, New York. We have a 7 day holiday booked for the 9Th July (this year)and have decided this would be an amazing place to get married.

To avoid family disagreements we have decided to also do this without telling our family or friends, very risky!

Could anyone please advise where we start?
We only want a small, quick ceremony, just the 2 of us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Laura
Re: UK Citizens marrying in New York
May 07, 2013 06:15AM
Congratulations Laura
Take a look at the site below it has what you need.

You can get married here, but you\\\'ll need a license from NY State. Here\'s all the info you\'ll need:
[www.cityclerk.nyc.gov]

Laura you will also need a wedding witness.
[www.askanewyorker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2013 06:19AM by askanewyorker.
Re: UK Citizens marrying in New York
May 09, 2013 01:16PM
I love that wedding video, even the cheesy bits had me smiling! Laura, have a great time planning. And don\'t worry, Kennedy will make it easy and fabulous for you.

Is it just the ceremony itself you were wondering about? Please post if you need help with anything else -- show tickets, dinner reservations, or anything else. What hotel have you booked?
Hi Laura,

We escaped the family pressures and came to New York to get married a year ago this month (we\\\'re returning to celebrate our anniversary here later this week - woohoo!).

It was just the two of us and we had the most amazing time.What really made it extra special was having Kennedy as our photographer and chaperone around NY for the afternoon. We really didn\\\'t know what to expect on the wedding day and Kennedy met us right on time and exuding an air of calmness which was just what we needed. He\\\'s a really great guy to have there on your big day.

The photos were great, delivered quickly, and we\\\'re meeting up with Kennedy again next week to round off our anniversary trip.

Have a fabulous time - we\\\'re sure you\\\'ll love it.

Neil & Georgie

PS We spent our wedding night on the World Yacht dinner cruise around Manhattan, I really recommend it.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 4