Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

VIsiting harlem

Posted by Freeman 
VIsiting harlem
June 28, 2003 09:13AM
Please reply, hey I'm coming to Harlem. But anyways I was supposed to goto CCNY but they don't have my classes there, but I'm staying at the Harlem YMCA, will I make it back alive? I have young peeps tell me how bad it is some say its safe, but most of older people say it's safe and its great and you can enjoy the atmosphere just like any other place but you may have to watch out for certain spots and etc. But anyways I should be there next week, but I like black history and etc... Where can I go to see this since Harlem is full of it, also can you recommend some churches, and like gospel plays or spirituals where I can go in and leave out filled with God all over me, you know how you feel when you listen to some good singing or something and inspires and helps you. But thanks God Bless.
hey gurl!
August 10, 2003 09:51PM
hey gurl!!! i actually live in north carolina, but i have visited harlem and differnet places of new york! visiting harlem is a very fun, adventerous, differnt expericence! when i was up there last i had a lot of fun shopping, and just walking around, viewing the sights. dont be worried, no one will hurt you! many people do nkow harlem and new york as the ghetto, rough town! yeah it is, but yet its also safe! depending on what part of town your on. but its not like someone will just shoot you, or harm you out of no where!!!!! but all im saying is have fun!!!! evjoy yourself while your up there!!! ight!
Re: hey gurl!
February 29, 2004 09:47PM
Are you who are native Harlem residents offended by your apparent negative image. The predominate opinion of Harlem seems to be an unfriendly and unwelcoming place to outsiders. but all those who live there sound friendly, educated, and very welcoming. What's the deal?-- a Texas kat
Re: hey gurl!
March 17, 2004 04:26PM
I love Harlem! I am a 28 year old young female professional. I have not had any problems here. In fact you should visit Revival Restaurant when you come. It is on 127th Street and 8th Avenue.
Re: VIsiting harlem
April 06, 2004 02:49PM
i love harlem
Re: VIsiting harlem
December 16, 2007 02:24PM
Here is my new Harlem t-shirt site, [teeshirtqueen.com] If you love harlem, wear, I Love Harlem on your chest, your warmup suit and even your undies.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 6