vegan restaurant

Posted by Gerry 
Gerry
vegan restaurant
January 23, 2003 01:17PM
I just tried a great vegan restaurant, it is called
Tiengarden Vegan Restaurant at 170 Allen Street (212-388-1364).
I love it !!
I know it is not a question,
but a good suggestion for anyone who is interested!
Cory
Re: vegan restaurant
April 06, 2003 10:34AM
I went there last night and it was pretty good (I'm a non-vegan!)
Curry fried rice...my recommendation.
it's pretty cheap too.
they also have several desserts and fresh pies all suitable for vegans.
Give it a try.
Veronica
Re: vegan Bakery
May 11, 2003 04:08PM
there is a great Vegan bakery in the east village at 130 St. Marks Place between First Ave and Ave A.
They have pies and cookies and muffins and danish and scones and all that good stuff, all 100% animal free. The sweet potato pie is yummy.
they also have lasagna, "burgers", and all sorts of juices.
It's called Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen.
December 26, 2004 02:41PM
I don't think there is any other city in the world that has more vegetarian cafes and restaurants than Vancouver, BC, Canada. However, if I'm wrong, please post your city's list of vegetarian eating places, and let's count and compare.

Is Vancouver the #1 (per population) vegetarian city in the world? Its possible!

Here's my list of 100% vegetarian restaurants, cafe houses, and other eat-in establishments in Vancouver city proper, not including suburbs, or what is known as Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD) in British Columbia, Canada.

Vancouver's 100% Veggie or 100% Vegan eating places, not including bakeries or frozen-food outlets, then...

Om at Cambie/17th
Naam on 4th in Kits
Foundation on Main and 7th
Habibi's on Broadway, uptown
Greens & Gourmet on Broadway
Raw Cafe on 1st
Green(?) or Trees(?) a small cafe on Main near 25th
Sejuiced on Broadway
Bo Kong on Main near 12th
Sweet Cherubim cafe on Commercial Drive
Cafe inside Eternal Abundance organic market on Commercial Dr.
Don't recall new raw cafe's name, inside a shop, south of Sweet Cherubim

Ripe Cafe is closed.
Serenity on 4th near Banyan Books appears to be vegan, although I am not 100% certain.

Below is a list of other eating places in Vancouver that are likely 100% vegetarian,too:

Planet Veg Restaurant 1941 Cornwall St., Vancouver
The Truffle Café 118 W.6th Ave., Vancouver

This list above does not include the East Indian buffets and restaurants in "Little India" on Fraser because these places are not 100% vegetarian in their kitchens, despite some advertisements that may appear totally vegetarian; or, have a 'vegetarian menu.'

In comparison, Toronto, according to my count, has only one vegetarian buffet restaurant and one vegetarian cafe.
gmy
August 02, 2005 05:20PM
You win Jack -- and I'll attest to the excellent Vegan food in Vancouver. But how does that help those of us near the East village in New York City?

Please ask some of your favorite chefs to move here.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 4