Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Always a New Yorker

Posted by Gail 
Always a New Yorker
April 14, 2003 12:02PM
A true New Yorker have attitude. A true New Yorker never wants to be anything but a New Yorker. A true New Yorker can leave the country but will let all know in a New York minute they are a New Yorker, first and foremost. A true New Yorker is born and raised on the island of Manhattan makes you a Native. A true New Yorker is born not made. A true New Yorkers knows about the Black and White Cakes, Black Cherry Soda, hotdogs with onions,real Pizza and is never to broke to have a good time.

To find a true New Yorker in your mist check out their office at work. I LOVE NEW YORK.

Signed
Blessed to be a New Yorker leaving in Atlanta.
Kelly
Re: Always a New Yorker
April 21, 2003 12:45PM
I've been here for five years and I don't know what black and white cake is,
I guess I'm not a new yorker yet.
What is that kind of cake?!
April 21, 2003 02:30PM
Kelly, it's a big cookie. You can find 'em all over, but Zaro's and Hot & Crusty have the best ones.

Hey Gail -- pretty good description, but I don't put onions on my dogs, I use sauerkraut. And, you don't have to be born here (even though I WAS and will tell you that proudly!!), to be a New Yorker. You just have to feel like one!

Cheers!

-- Betty
September 15, 2003 09:57PM
I love black and white cakes! I make them all the time at home. Sadly I don't live in New York yet! But will be moving there soon!!
September 26, 2003 07:57AM
hmm... if a true new yorker has to be born in new york... and if real new york is only the island of manhattan, how come... old a'dam merchandisers could actually become the first new yorkers ?

by the way... standing up on a podium alone, does make you a berliner... as we all know... smiling smiley

michael
November 13, 2010 11:24AM
A true New Yorker is anybody born in NEW YORK STATE! (Not just the city, but upstate too!)
LPY
February 02, 2011 09:53PM
I was born on the isle of Manhattan and live here. But I think a true New Yorker is born, not made, but he/she isn't always, or even usually, born in New York. All across America and in other countries there are driven, ambitious people who are determined to be the best, who refuse to let other people dictate what their lives will be," and who can't wait to get out of the dismal, boring, mediocre towns in which they, by accident of circumstance, have been born. I think of them singing Rose's song early in Gypsy: "That's OK for some people, but some people ain't me!" These, as well as the natives like them, are the "real" New Yorkers. It's not about black and white cake or hot dogs.
February 11, 2011 10:47AM
Born and raised 5 borough kids get first dibs in my manual; then B&R Long Islanders, and upstate. There is a comradery that exists between the people who have an invested interest in this city. Even if they're not buddies and shoot down beers together after work, there is a common vein of respect a new yorker knows that is unspoken; which hardly exist with people from other places coming here. They either act like moron snot noses or duffus tourists. ^_^. If you have this understanding you fit in here in the Capitol of the world or any booming city.
BTW BK B&R boyeee.
Stuyvesant 41
September 13, 2011 08:42PM
@ Betty/Gail A true New Yorker does not contently eat at hot n crusty. And a truly true new yorker as a kid referred to them as black and white cookies, and still does despite what any menu or price list says
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 6