Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

never forget where you came from!!!

Posted by Tommy 
never forget where you came from!!!
March 04, 2003 03:24PM
I believe a real newyorker is one whom is a true native from NYC and at anytime can relocate to another state or country but yet is never ashamed to state that NEW YORK IS FOREVER AND WILL FOREVER BE THEIR HOME!!!
DO YOU AGREE????
Re: never forget where you came from!!!
March 12, 2003 11:39AM
I believe a real New Yorker is somebody that is from new york and represents new york to the fullest.
Chuck
March 13, 2003 02:58PM
agreed, especially the part "respresent New York to the fullest"...no matter where you were born!
March 18, 2003 04:33AM
Well Said !! I have been living in Germany for the last few years...but is where I come from..cant forget where you come from..Apart of you will die.
March 20, 2003 11:30AM
That is soooooo TRUE!!!! I lived in NY all my life. Until this september my family moved down to TEXAS! NY is, was , and always will be #1!! I'll never forget where i came from and plus no one can mess wit a NYker!! ha ha! lets go ma boriquas!
March 27, 2003 08:03AM
yo I've been in florida for a while now but I am soon getting married and once that is done I will be relocating back to NYC again.
Louise
April 01, 2003 01:57PM
welcome back!
April 03, 2003 12:46AM
Tru I'm from NY bt I had to move to SC b i'll be returning soon back where I belong and i'll nver leave again
May 05, 2003 11:59PM
Yes I agree....I was born and raised in bklyn and now living in california....please don't ask why. all I know is that I miss new york like crazy and some day I will return back for good....because once a new yorker....always a new yorker....no matter where on earth u live.
May 25, 2003 07:08PM
Proudly tattooed on my arm. I LOVE NY with the original skyline. You know the one that was taken from us.
Lisa
May 26, 2003 11:12AM
Donna
Could we please get a picture of that tatoo and post it on the site?
June 09, 2003 04:02PM
I agree with you. Once you're born and raised out in the city, you never forget. as a proud New Yorker, living in Maryland, New york will FOREVER BE MY HOME. I'm sad the way things have gone since I had left NYC. No matter what, all of you New Yorkers are keeping it real. Good to see our City still stands. My friends are still true and still out there. I had some good times.
A TRUE NEW YORKER IS ONE WHO CAN SURVIVE THE BAD AND THE GOOD.

I LOVE YOU NEW YORK. A SHOUT OUT TO YOU TOMMY AND TO EVERYONE.

BYE....CY
January 25, 2004 10:49AM
I lived on Long Island then I wound up in atlanta. Duriing the civil war my great grand father had to leave his home in Brooklyn and wound up in atlanta with General Sherman. They burned every building exept for the churches.Sombody should do this again!
December 16, 2008 05:41PM
Once a New Yorker, Always a New Yorker:

New York is the only place on earth where people upon first moving there can honestly say they are a part of it all. The body that makes New York thrive, giving the city its identity, is the New Yorker born 'somewhere else'. There is a common thread among these forever New Yorkers, these chance-taking otherwise freaks outside the city: they can make it anywhere. I lived in NYC most of my life, although I was born in the South, I so believe in the way of life, the struggle and joy, that shaped me there. Although my job has taken me elsewhere for the time being, I cannot imagine New York being erased from my make-up, and I a part of its. As far as a place goes, it will always be mine no matter where I live.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 21