Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Real or Fake New Yorker

Posted by Chris 
Real or Fake New Yorker
April 23, 2010 03:37PM
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. Moved to New York when I was 18. I am 31 now so I've spent more than half my life here. Moved to the Bronx in '97. New York I consider home because it has been for 13 yrs. I consider myself a Pittsburgher because that's where I was born and raised, and I'm a diehard Steeler fan, but I consider myself an honory New Yorker because Pittsburgh has become foreign, and I have aquired the knack for grabbing seats on the train, moving fast as a NY minute, bumping tourists who stand in the middle of the escalator, swelled on the streets of the LES when it was still LES, Hell's Kitchen before it was Clinton, 8th ave when it was "8th ave" Bushwick when it was still Bushwick and Long Island City when it was still Long Island City. I've been here through 9-11, the Blackout, Guiliani, etc. I feel I can't call myself a full New Yorker because I missed the Dinkins era, but I lost so much with Pittsburgh. my coming to manhood has all been New York with all the struggles and hardships, so I feel like both a New Yorker and Pittsurgher. It's weird. Just curious what you raised New Yorkers would consider me?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 13