Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Yorker at Heart

Posted by Patrice 
New Yorker at Heart
September 10, 2003 07:39PM
Hello everyone,
This site is wonderful. Everyone here is great and states great views of being a New Yorker. Although I am not from New York, I have always felt that I was New Yorker at heart. That my seem idiotic, but I do. I even get the New York Times and New York Post delivered to my home. I like to believe that I share the same view points as New Yorker, yet is in a way highly unrealistic due to the fact that I don't live there at the moment. And can't experience what the New Yorkers experiences. I will be moving to new york in 2 years. Which I am looking forward to. Yet, I am not going in overly excited because I realize that when I arrived that dreams can be shattered in a heartbeat. But still in my heart I feel like a New Yorker. But until I get there I will not know.
Marybeth
Re: New Yorker at Heart
September 11, 2003 06:56AM
Hi Patrice,
have you visited New York? What did you think?
MB
September 11, 2003 10:38AM
Yes, I have visited New York. I fell in love with it. I felt as though I belonged there. I'm only 16 but everything is what I imagined. I didn't feel at all overwhelmed. I caught on quickly with everything. Espically the transportation. I also became very well at giving cross streets to where I needed to be to the cab driver instead of the building address! When I was in New York I felt like a New Yorker!!
Kelly
September 11, 2003 11:57AM
great start, Patrice! Good luck!
Breaneka
October 12, 2003 01:20AM
Hope you enjoy living in New York Patrice! I'm sure you will!
October 12, 2003 05:59AM
I have been to about 11 states in the US over the last 10 years or so.
But not untill I "did" New York I felt realy at home (f*d up? maybe). Even worked in Boson for a while.

I am a native to The Netherlands eventhough I wasn't born in the Lowlands of Europe. I always have loved traveling and been pretty much around the world give or take a couple of continents. New York is def my favorit city. London, is great, Sydney is cool, Vancouver, love it (probably because of the snowboarding), Paris is beautifull, shame about those Frenchies. Amsterdam sucks, so does Singapore, so do many others cities in fact.

New York City mm mm mm. If you get lonely in NYC you def feel realy lonely. But there is so much to do, the city literally never sleeps so you can always do something and having seen all 4 seasons over the last year it's a photographers paradise.

I definitly have lost my heart to NYC even though I wouldn't want settle there, I'd go for British Columbia, I can not imagin myself not visiting New York for a longer period of time. So that's what I am planning to do soon on a visitors pass.
Dee
October 21, 2003 12:06PM
Patrice,

I too feel the same way as you do. My first visit to beautiful NYC was when I was in high school and from that point on I felt as if I belonged there.

I never made it there (to live) and I really regret it. Follow your dreams and do it. At least you can say you tried!

I will be going back to "my home" (that is what I like to refer to it as) in early December. I bought tickets to see Simon and Garfunkel. It was always a dream of mine to see them perform together in Central Park just like they did in the early 80s. My dream is close enough - in NYC!!! Their songs are about NYC and America - I just love them.

I will be saying farell to my beloved Manhattan on this trip since I'm expecting a baby in May. It will be a very emotional trip for me. I will probably start crying from the moment I arrive to the time I get back home to Canada (I always do). And yet, another piece of my heart will be left in NYC...

Good luck Patrice - you can do it.

From a wanna be/die-hard New Yorker.

Dee
August 31, 2004 01:48PM
Patricia,
I am so glad to hear that someone else feels this way! I have lived in Kentucky all of my life but constantly yearn for this city of which I know very little. I have passed through NYC only once on my way to Niagra Falls but have never had the opportunity to visit it the way I would like. Even so, like you, I plan to move there one day. And while many think I'm crazy, my main goal is to become a teacher there. Not a day goes by that I don't think about New York. For some reason, this is a city that calls out to people. And when it does, there is nothing one can do to silence its beckoning, which only seems to grow louder and louder with each passing day. So, as a fellow New Yorker at heart, I wish the best for you and all of your endeavors. Who knows? Maybe one day our paths will cross and we will smile at each other-all the while knowing that we were right all along; this is the greatest city on earth!
October 03, 2004 12:27AM
Once I lived in NYC for a month, it was the last part of my staying in States as a Int'l student.
I really liked NYC and stayed there several times n' finally got an apartment.
But unfortunately due to economical problem, I've got to go back to home with broken heart. I wanted to stay there, but more than that I didn't hate this wonderful city. Came back to my own country and worked several years, I almost succeeded with my job now here.
My point is, Patrice, to live in NYC is your dream for life?
The goal is how to live your life in NYC, not live in NYC, right?
Focus on what you want to do, what is your task for your life.
but anyway, I understand and I also love NYC, so, good luck.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 11