Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

affordable gyms?

Posted by Jocelyn 
Jocelyn
affordable gyms?
February 03, 2003 04:10PM
I just moved to NYC and I'm looking for a gym that costs less than $75 per month. Any suggestions? I don't care what the location is, just looking for something that is reasonable.
Kyle
Re: affordable gyms?
February 03, 2003 04:11PM
There is a place in Williamsburg, Brooklyn called Exodus (it is right at the L/G subway stop Lorimer/Metropolitan) which is $43 per month. It is a no-frills place, but totally adequate. And affordable. And in a convenient enough location.
Christie P.
Re: affordable gyms?/Exodus
April 09, 2003 12:35PM
This place drives me nuts.
yes, it is an affordable gym and is adequate. But, it could be EASILY so much better than it is.
Why is there always at least two or machines out of order?
Why can't they get them fixed?
also, why are the TVs always screwed up? Either they are all on some absurd cartoons, some religious channels, or they are not working at all. What's wrong with a little CNN, or standard ABC, NBC, or CBS? And then, how about activating the closed captioning so we can follow along?
And turn down the horrible techno music that is always playing (sorry, it's either techno or some horrible LOUD rap).
UGH!
Drives me crazy.
And the tanning beds...be sure you wipe them down before you go in there, if you do that sort of thing.
As the subject line reads, it is affordable, however.
And I go there almost every day for a year and a half. So it's not that bad.
Re: affordable gyms?/Exodus
October 29, 2003 02:57PM
I left that cracked-out exodus gym last month and now work out at Absolute Fitness. This place is $30 a month, much cleaner, and while it's not 24/7, how often do you want to work out at 2am?

Exodus absolutely sucks. Only go here if you are a mashocist!
July 20, 2009 09:19AM
I'm looking for affordable gym wit full service. I'm looking to pay no more than $35 a month
September 09, 2009 03:56PM
Maxim Health and Fitness is a great gym in the neighborhood! They have steam rooms, state of the art equipment, and awesome personal trainers.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 17