9/11

Posted by Ellen Duyck 
9/11
January 23, 2003 02:21PM
Hello,
My name is Ellen Duyck.I'm from Belgium.I'm 18 years old.I'm in my last year of high school and for that I have to make an end work, actually it's a mediapaper. My subject is 09/11:
How are the American people one year after the disaster?
But because I leave in Belgium I don't really know how it is in New york. So I was wondering if it was possible to ask a few questions to people from there. I really hope you can help me.
Here are the questions:
1) How do you remember that day?

2) What were you doing at that moment?

3) What were you thinking as you saw that disaster?

4) Has your life changed a lot through this happening? Has your behaviour changed?

5) What was the impact of 9/11 on your life?

6) Are you more anxious, more angry, more dependent than before?

7) How does your family react? Have you lost a friend or relative?

8) Have you already visited ‘Ground Zero’? How was that? What did you feel?

9) How do you cope with the thought that all this could happen again?

10) How does the USA have to respond, according to you?

11) Do you often talk about 9/11 with your friends? In what way?

12) Are there some places / some organisations that can help you to get over this? Do they specifically help young people?

13) What’s your reaction on Muslims, living in your neighbourhood? Do you threat them differently than before?

14) How do you try to get over this? Are you doing this alone or is there anyone who can help you?

15) If you are able to organize some actions yourself to help the victims or relatives of dead people, what would you do (raise money, give information, organize groupsessions, make people aware,…)?

16) We are now one year later, how does America (the community, your parents, your friends, your country,…) live with 9/11?

17) Should there be something else on the place of the WTC-towers? If so, what should this be (a monument, offices,…)?

17) According to you, could this be avoid?

18) What was the most amazing fact of the whole situation? What do you remember the most?

19)Should there be something especially for young people? If you say yes, what do you suggest?

May I ask you kindly to try to answer my questions. It would be a big help to me.
Thank you very much and please send your answers to my émailaddress:
choclamousse@hotmail.com

Greets,
Ellen
Re: 9/11
February 16, 2003 11:44AM
you need to stop asking questions ok god bless you
May 02, 2003 12:04AM
I think September 11 was a sad, blow to society, and an anger impact to all AMERICANS. I was first informed at school when i just got there I was very shocked because I never thought the World Trade Centers would never leave the earth. I was struck with anger and emotion when I found out. I thought about all the people who lost loved ones and the children who lost their mothers or fathers.I felt so lucky because I did not lose a family member but I also felt bad because so many other people had lost loved ones. Thats my opinion on September 11!
Ashlee Pierce
September 04, 2009 02:21AM
im a new yorker born and raised in brooklyn im 21 now and was 14 at the time . honestly it was the scariest day of my life nobody will ever understand what that felt like unless they were there knowing that your watchin hundreds of people loose their life feeling uneasy and sick to your stomache about the people stuck in those buildings and no way out. i was only 14 and i saw everything from the school i was goin to at the time. there was a beautifull view of the city untill that day it became a horror scene right b4 our eyes the school had to put everyone in the gym so we couldnt see it then our parents came and got us if they came some kids mommys and daddys didnt or couldnt my grandmother got me at that time there wre ashes flying all over sunset park me and my dad picked some up we saved news papers he got it on video cuz hes a bus drivr and had a good view at the time. the scariest part of it all was after the chaos people lost suffering sick. i was only 14 but felt so much all we watched for a month was videos over and over again on tv or the radio or just people talking. i went by ground zero alot wat a sight to se man wat a crazy scared feeling yu get when yu see it the scariest part is when you take the train i forgot which one but one of them goes right under ground zero it looks like it hasnt been touched since its destroyed broken dirty sighns everywhere its terrifying but there could be 200 pople in a car of the train loud as ever but once yu go through that station thee tain slows down and everyoneee gives a moment of silencee its like u feel it verything all over again the aftermath feeeling its pretty creepy though just thought id share my expiriences with you .
December 08, 2009 07:52PM
I was very young, only 4 or 5, but I remember it as being a day of confusion, shock, angst, and sadness. From my school window, I had a clear view as it was happening, and I was able to see the planes hit. Scariest freaking moment of my life. There was debris everywhere. I was in Carroll Gardens, pretty far away from the WTC, but there was a clear view, and smoke was visible. I wasn't thinking--I was numb. "This is my home. What's happening?" was all I could think. I remember being very territorial.

I'm just more careful, is all. I'm not mean or discriminatory toward Muslims or anyone who's Arabic. I go to a school in the Lower East Side, near Loisaida, and I've grown up with Muslims and Arabs. I just watch out for myself and others.

I have visited Ground Zero, and I have to say I felt very numb again. I didn't really know what to feel. I wanted to blame someone, and at the moment that was the government.

The only time I ever think of 9/11 is on it's anniversary. It's not something I integrate into everyday life. It hasn't impacted me enough to do so, I suppose.

Whenever tourists go to Ground Zero though, it's irritating. I don't see it as something to take pictures in front of. It's a site of a horrible tragedy, not a pretty garden in Central Park.

I think that every New Yorker was impacted in different ways, and whether or not they seek help doesn't matter. All that matters is that we've kind of grown closer as a city.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 10