My brother experienced 9/11 any questions about the experience

Posted by Aaron 
I brought this thread over from 9-11 Forum adds a poignant perspective to today's news.

My brother worked on the 75th floor on the wtc north tower. He was there
when the plane crashed he said the worst part of it was the feeling your gonna die on the way down.

I am giving the keyboard to him to awnser any of your questions. for a while
he saved 3 peoples lives on the way down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 11:01AM by askanewyorker.
I think your brother's really, really brave to talk about it.
I still find it so hard to see pictures of the Towers in flames. I lost my brother the day the Towers fell. He only went to take something to a friend, but he never came back down.
I watched as the first plane hit from the window of my hotel, I always picked the room with the best view of the Twin Towers. There was a huge explosion, and I just ran out of the hotel up towards the Towers. It was the worst thing I've ever seen, people jumping out of the Towers from 80 stories. It was awful. There were cops on the street telling me to turn back, but I had to keep going. Soon I was running against crowds of hurdreds, but I knew he was still in there.
I got there, but I wasn't allowed close. I just knew he was in there, scared and alone and I wanted to be with him. I never saw him again. I still don't understand why he died, why anyone died.
I don't know. Those people who died, those people who survived, those people helped save lives are the bravest people in the world. My brother wasn't so lucky, but he'll live in my heart forever.
Hello,

I hope I'm not too late to answer to your message.You have now idea what it would mean to me if your brother would answer my questions. I am a Belgian girl of 18. I have to make an end work, a media paper because I'm in my last year of high school. I have chosen the topic 9/11 because it was so unbelievebol what happened there, so I couldn't think of any other topic that would be more interesting than that. I wasn't there, so I don't know how it must have been. I can't know that. The only thing I know is that it has to be horrific. But if your brother would wont to answer my questions than he would be a big big help to me. I already have a story of someone that is very special. But the story of someone who has realy been there is a whole other thing. Two stories who are unic! If you prefer not to answer my questions but if you just wont to tell your story then of course that is OK.Maebe it's even better.Here are my questions anyway:

1) How do you remember that day?

2) What were you doing at that moment?

3) What were you thinking as you saw that disaster?

4) Has your life changed a lot through this happening? Has your behaviour changed?

5) What was the impact of 9/11 on your life?

6) Are you more anxious, more angry, more dependent than before?

7) How does your family react? Have you lost a friend or relative?

8) Have you already visited ‘Ground Zero’? How was that? What did you feel?

9) How do you cope with the thought that all this could happen again?

10) How does the USA have to respond, according to you?

11) Do you often talk about 9/11 with your friends? In what way?

12) Are there some places / some organisations that can help you to get over this? Do they specifically help young people?

13) What’s your reaction on Muslims, living in your neighbourhood? Do you threat them differently than before?

14) How do you try to get over this? Are you doing this alone or is there anyone that can help you?

15) If you are able to organize some actions yourself to help the victims or relatives of dead people, what would you do (raise money, give information, organize groupsessions, make people aware,…)?

16) We are now one year later, how does America (the community, your parents, your friends, your country,…) live with 9/11?

17Should there be something else on the place of the WTC-towers? If so, what should this be (a monument, offices,…)?

17) According to you, could this be avoid?

18) What was the most amazing fact of the whole situation? What do you remember the most?

19) What song describes exactly what you feel after that day? What song describes your emotions the best?

I hope you can help me. I wont to thank you very much!Hopefully: see you later!
greets,
Ellen
choclamousse@hotmail.com

Ciao Sandy, when I read your message I felt like I was there. I can't deep understand your feelings but my brother is the most important person of my life too and I don't know how I can bear if something happend to him. Now He's waiting to leave for Afganistan and I don't want that that day arrives. Only want thing I want to say you: anyone will never forget 9/11. Every person who died there will live forever in our hearths.
Thanks
kisses Gio
that is great how long did it take you to get down 75 floors did any of you freinds die on that day
god bless you and your brother
it must have been really hard
and i can tel ya one thing: your brother´s a real live ace

jonathan

Thank you very much. your words are very important for me.
Here the peolple don't understand the spirit he has, they think he went there only for money.
Thank you very much
Giorgia
Hi,i am in Australia,and we as the world knows about 911.My heart goes out to you and every one involved on that horrible day.May every person that was involved in making that day happen not even rot in hell,as that would be to good for them.All my thaughts to you all.jodie.
you bitg hero you are slaughterin palestiniansAaron wrote:
>
> My brother worked on the 75th floor on the wtc north tower.
> He was there
> when the plane crashed he said the worst part of it was the
> feeling your gonna die on the way down.
>
> I am giving the keyboard to him to awnser any of your
> questions. for a while
> he saved 3 peoples lives on the way down
Was your brother injured at all?
did the twin towers ever have any kind of electrical problems ,fires, etc.before the plane crash?
did the twin towers ever have any kind of electrical problems ,fires, etc.before the plane crash?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 8