9-11

Posted by boboman 
9-11
September 03, 2010 07:14AM
1. I am planing to visit NY during Sep, and i will visit twin towers this year.In 2004, there used to be tribute of light, and i am wondering does the tribute of light happen every year at sep 11th?

2. What can we do at sep 11 to be in memory of those ppl who die from this tragedy? Are there any mass in St. paul chapel or any parade or activities going on?

3. If the rebuilding of the towers begins, how tall of the towers now? I heard they will build not just two towers but 10 more towers in substitute for the well-known twin towers?

thank u new yorkers!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2011 03:34PM by askanewyorker.
No one knows? i just want to know which floor of the world trade center now? just approximately... and will there will the light beams this year?

thank u again!
you can not even see anything right now at ground zero, only a fence which you cannot see through. there seems to be a lot happening, but you can't see much at all.
I was just down there last weekend.
thx jay1:

i thought the tower will be finished this year, it seems that i am wrong...
I past there this morning, The steel frame of a building (Freedom Tower?) is about 20 stories tall. I read this past week that the first of the trees were being planted for the memorial. I couldn't see that from the westside Highway.
thank you John for keeping me updated!

It seems the rebuilding process is pretty slow!!

Are they rehabilitating the previous twin towers? Or they will building different architectures from the outside appearance and how many new buildings will they be?

thank all of u
Re: How is twin towers' rebuilding progress?
September 05, 2010 08:10AM
wow, i love this site so much, i can use 3d to view the site....

thank you very much.....

love it
September 05, 2010 06:53PM
Two years ago, it was difficult to imagine how the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which owns the site of the trade center and is building most of it, could ever finish the eight-acre memorial in time for the 10th anniversary of the attack, on Sept. 11, 2011. Today, it is difficult to imagine what would stop them (though, given the site’s tortured history, the possibility shouldn’t be completely dismissed).

[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2010 06:58PM by askanewyorker.
September 08, 2010 08:55AM
More Print A piece of the heart and soul — and, literally, the backbone — of the Twin Towers made an emotional return to Ground Zero yesterday.

The first of two steel “tridents” that once formed the base of the soaring towers was lowered into place at the 9/11 memorial, where they will stand sentinel as poignant reminders of the missing skyscrapers...

Read more: [www.nypost.com]

[www.nypost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2010 08:56AM by askanewyorker.
July 12, 2011 02:46PM
The World Trade Center's 9/11 Memorial opened its online box office for ticket reservations yesterday and wound up deluged with more than 24,000 requests by the evening -- so many that the Web site wasn't able to handle all the demand.

"It's been phenomenal," said Joe Daniels, president of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum. "It's been a very nerve-wracking day."

Daniels said the site was inundated, with up to 1,000 people logged on simultaneously, compared to the 40-person average on a regular day. More than 5,000 tickets were issued in the first hour after reservations opened at 9 a.m.

[www.nypost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 02:49PM by askanewyorker.
July 12, 2011 03:05PM
A Walk Around Ground Zero

<embed src="[blip.tv]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 24