airbnb

Posted by annie 
Kay
Re: airbnb
January 16, 2011 07:39AM
Dear All
I have used airbnb a couple of times and put my apartment there as well.
If you go throu airbnb, your money will be transfer only one day after your actual checkin !!!! So if its a scam and you immediately report it to airbnb, no money will be transferred.
Of course, if you try to work around it so save a few bucks and go through Western Union, well....
All the best
Kay
January 23, 2011 10:24AM
Kalvin denike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Our family loves loves loves airbnb. We post our
> extra bedroom on the site, and we have traveled
> using the airbnb to Denver, DC, NYC, London,
> Bisbee AZ, and had the best time staying with
> really great people who, were so kind and fun to
> meet, (they've picked us up at airports, loaned us
> bikes, given us meals, and excellent conversation,
> and video games!). It's the idea of trying to make
> travel more accessible and affordable, more
> personable, and kinda more organic i guess. I'm
> sure every single listing isn't going to be an
> A++, but how many hotels and hostels have i stayed
> in over the years that were subpar. Traveling is
> always a bit of a gamble, it's an adventure and a
> step into a certain degree of the unknown!
> In conclusion, if you carefully and sensibly use
> airbnb, and look at the host's reviews, and choose
> a hosting with many substantial great reviews, and
> transact all your booking details properly through
> the airbnb site, you're probably limiting your
> chances of having disappointment to less than 5%.
>
> It's a service (airbnb)that is "like eating a
> wonderful home cooked meal at an intimate pleasant
> dinner party" as compared to eating a generic
> processed foods meal out at a fastfoods or even an
> upscale fastfoods restaurant or even a gourmet
> restaurant(typical hotel offering).
January 27, 2011 10:50PM
I used airbnb for a 9 night stay in Manhattan last September and was totally satisfied. I got to live in a real neighbourhood on W 15th street surrounded by nice people, close to great transport lines and had a small apartment all to myself for just over $110 aus dollars. The communication with the leter was efficient and authentic and everything went according to timing indicated via email. The woman who let the apartment was friendly , helpful and generous. This was a great way to stay in New York. I did of course conduct my initial communication regarding the flat via the website, paying all monies through the net and later upon arrival and meeting my contact paid her a bond which had been agreed upon prior, and which was returned upon my departure. I recommend this site to responsible people who are prepared to communicate with host accurately.
February 10, 2011 08:10AM
hello, im planning to book an apartelle/condo in manila. and i just want to make sure if the photos they are showing are real as i had experiences before that it was otherwise.

also, how much is airbnb charging us (the guest) for the booking fee.
how will i know if the place really exist?

Thank you!
March 03, 2011 08:35AM
Airbnb is a great site and totally legit.
As a very successful aribnb host I was thrilled with the extra money my listing brought in, I got great reviews and my listing quickly became one of the top NYC rentals on airbnb..that is until my LANDLORD found out about it.
Apparently, this type of activity is ILLEGAL in NYC, especially since my space is designated commercial and if people are sleeping there, its considered a residential application even though it's still a business.
Now I have to cancel all my reservations, which extend for several months and thousands of dollars.
This is a MESS, and, without a lawyer there is nothing I can do to prevent it.
Be careful Hosts!
May 25, 2011 10:34PM
Is it possible to contact the person who is renting out their place? I see a place to contact via email but I would feel more comfortable with a phone number.
May 29, 2011 05:36PM
I am sorry to hear about your problem Aaron. I have been renting my place on Airbnb since September 2010 and what happened to you is my worst nightmare. How did you landlord find out your were doing this? I have been fortunate thus far because my landlord rarely visits my building.
June 20, 2011 03:59PM
Hello just wanted to add my thoughts on Airbnb mainly to the hosts.

I have been using them as a host for the past 12 months (in Berlin) and have had a good experience (renting full apartments). We also manage apartments for other owners who use airbnb so I actually have seen alot of guests from this site. In general the guests are good quality but I have found it important to do a check-out while holding a security bond (airbnb only recently added this function to their website). This gives the host more security and also encourages the guests to be more respectful of the apartment.
Some other person on this site asked about having guests sign a rental contract. What I have found is it's pretty useless, mosts guests are foreign and to pursue them for any breach of contract back in their native country would not be viable.
A security bond goes someway to protecting the hosts.
Just use the airbnb payment system. Don't go outside of this.
July 27, 2011 10:08AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a question concerming the payment.I am the owner of the apt and rent it for 2 periodes. they says that the pement was sent 1 day after the check-in ,I received another email that somethiung was wrong in the detailes then out it again after verified it with my bank. they chatt with be by email and said that it was sent at 17 July, and 10 days latter still nothing!

have you accounter problem like that? even if I called them they never ansewer

do you have a reomendation how to get payed ?

thanks
Lou
August 27, 2011 04:46PM
Hi there,
I've just recently stumbled across airbnb and thought the concept was wonderful. That was, until I read some posts on various sites from disgruntled tourists who had either been scammed financially or the apartment/room in question was nothing like it was in photos.

I'm taking my first trip from to NYC in September. I'll only be there for three nights and my budget is approx $150 per night. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
September 06, 2011 04:35PM
Me too!! I was planning to go to NY from Sept 20-Oct 20, I can't find any hotel within my budget for that amount of time. I am going to take some classes and had been looking on airbnb but now I am afraid, I am running out of time, I need to find somewhere to stay!! Any suggestions
September 07, 2011 04:36AM
Hi All,

I am planning to book tru airbnb in Dec. Done lots of research and readings but still not sure this is a good idea.

I know payment is only release after 1 day of our check in, but how about things gone wrong after 24hours?

Any incident that guests got mugged / robbed by the house owner?

Best if someone could recommend a reliable host or ways to prevent all these incident.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 4