What to do...?

Posted by mo 
mo
What to do...?
August 07, 2009 03:37AM
Hello,

I'll be in New York next week. My family and I have planned most of our trip with tourist style activities, which i'm looking forward to.

I'll be by myself one evening, so I was hoping for some advice on good bars, maybe live music, close to where I'm stying. I've rented an apartment on West 94th Street, so I guess I'm close to Columbia Ave.

Any advice? I want some authentic New York experiences!

Cheers
Oracle?
Re: What to do...?
August 07, 2009 08:50AM
Have a look at Cleopatra's Needle and the Underground Lounge:
[www.cleopatrasneedleny.com]
[www.theundergroundnyc.com]

It's a great neighborhood. I hope you've rented a legal apartment and didn't fall victim to a scam -- there are so many!
mo
August 07, 2009 11:27AM
They don't get paid until I have the keys and am satisfied that I'm not getting scammed - hopefully I'll be okay...!

Any signs of scams to look out for?
mo
August 07, 2009 11:31AM
Both of those bars look good. I'll be sure to check them out.

Thanks!
Oracle?
August 07, 2009 12:08PM
Because the economy is so bad, people are renting out their apartments to vacationers. It's illegal, but, hey, people have to pay their rent. What I worry about is so many people are placing fake ads, and vacationers are paying in advance for apts. they'll never see. Even when they use paypal, these scammers are usually overseas and can't be caught. And, because it's illegal, there's no recourse.

Sounds like you're being smart though. Just make sure the key you get actually fits the door.
April 10, 2015 08:12AM
I just went to City Winery the other night and saw a great live music show. It's a great place! You could easily go there alone and feel comfortable, or with a group. You can reserve your place ahead of time so you can pick the seat you like best, and you can have dinner and great wine while watching some cool live music. It's a great venue, a good idea for something to do whether you're visiting or if you live here.
[www.citywinery.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 15