Good Eats

Posted by Jess 
Good Eats
May 13, 2009 02:49PM
Looking for some fun inviting place to go for some good fun and fun. Going up to NYC at the end of May to celebrate my birthday. We'll be staying in washington heights with friends and need to good places with a good atmosphere to eat. No specific area but we're looking for some good drinks with dinner too.Talking dinners out here. Its my 22nd birthday but we a mix of twenty somethings and thirty something.
Oracle?
Re: Good Eats
May 13, 2009 08:52PM
It's big and very loud, but we celebrate all our birthdays at Carmine's. There are two, the original is on Broadway and 90th-91st St. You absolutely need a reservation unless you go early and wait. The food is served family style. They'll tell you each dish feeds two, but really it's more like 4-6. Their cocktails are very good too. I know a lot of people consider it touristy, but we wouldn't think of going anyplace else for a birthday. Fantastic meatballs and spaghetti, and their steak is outstanding too. My friends adore the calamari (which definitely feeds 6+ people!), and I'm totally addicted to the stuffed artichoke.

www.carminesnyc.com

If you're looking for someplace trendier, head down to the Meatpacking District and go to either Spice Market or Buddakan - both spectacular, theatrical locations and wonderful cuisine. Again, definitely make reservations as soon as possible!

[www.spicemarketnewyork.com]
[www.buddakannyc.com]

Happy birthday! Let us know where you end up and how it was.
May 15, 2009 02:14PM
My proposition is: DJERDAN, 221 West 38th Street (between VII and VIII AV)
- good and not expemsive food, nice atmosfere

HAPPY BIRTHDAYsmileys with beer
February 21, 2019 07:26AM
You would probably like a place like Buddakan.
[buddakannyc.com]
The food is good (Asian) and not too expensive (not cheap either). The atmosphere is a bit of a clubby feel but not overly-so. I think it would be a good place for a birthday celebration for a group of people in their 20s (or older!). Get the cauliflower lollipops and general tso's dumplings to start. Actually all the starters are good. I could make a meal of the starters.
It's in the meatpacking district so after dinner there are plenty of places to go for a drink.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 9