Ask a New York Traffic Lawyer

Posted by askanewyorker 
Jorge,

I recommend fighting these tickets to hopefully avoid the points. Even if you are guilty, there may be an opportunity to obtain a better result for you.

Feel free to call us to discuss.

Matthew Weiss
212-683-7373

Jbecker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jorge becker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dear Matthew Weiss: I got this 2 tickets
> > 1 Unauthorized USE RESTRICTED VEH ON PRKWY-COMM
> > veh (PKWAY/TWAY rules and regs)
> > 2 DISOBEYED TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE (NYS V AND T
> > LAW)
> > I'm from out state (WA) I just move to new
> jersey
> > and got this new job so I was driving the van
> from
> > mine new job (New Jersey) I was following the
> gps
> > (I was going to white plains) ,by mistake I got
> > into the parkway I don't now the name of,
> > Your advice? Thanks in advance.
> > ( police agency was the weschester county police
> )
Re: Ask a New York Traffic Lawyer
February 08, 2011 03:09PM
I received a ticket several weeks ago, where a new sign was just recently put up.. I did not see the new sign, as I was focused on the cop car that was ahead, pulling people over for doing what I was about to do. The cop made it sound like a warning when he handed me the summons as he agreed the sign was new, and didnt make sense. I had no idea how much the ticket would be so I called several times, and went on line continuously.. I was eventually prompted to receive an email when the ticket was posted.
I still have not received an email and am concerned about my license/points, as I have not paid the ticket yet?
Okay ill deffinitly give a call tommorw to talk abut this, ill possibly call froma time frame of 9:00 morning through 3:00pm. I just relly hope that my parents dont find out, i mean it will hijeack up my insurance nd i will get points. But il give a call tommorow thank you mr. weiss .
emily caraballo
February 08, 2011 10:33PM
However, I read a couple of posts on how some people have disobeyed a traffic control device? me going thrught the red light bc somehow my eyes were focuesed at the lgiht infront of me. is that what I just did? violate a traffic control device? plus to make it worse the cop was behind me soo i froze really. And the fact that my last ticket was settled on dec142010 reduced to a parking ticket , will this affect the reducing or plea bargin? bc ive seen you say that the driving record must be clean for 36 months for this ticket alone to not affect you insurance rates going up. SO in this case when i go and i dont get a reduced sentence , what then?

Emily Caraballo Wrote:
> Okay ill deffinitly give a call tommorw to talk
> abut this, ill possibly call froma time frame of
> 9:00 morning through 3:00pm. I just relly hope
> that my parents dont find out, i mean it will
> hijeack up my insurance nd i will get points. But
> il give a call tommorow thank you mr. weiss .
Denise,

I would fight this New York traffic ticket[/url. This ticket is apparently for violating Vehicle And Traffic Law 1110a disobey a traffic control device and carries 2 points and roughly a $150 fine.

I would also personally appear in your assigned court to check on the status of your ticket. You are correct in being concerned about a suspension. Failure to timely respond can lead to such a result.

Of course, if you want to discuss professional help to defend you on this matter, call us for a free consultation.

Matthew Weiss
212-683-7373

Denise Wrote:
> I received a ticket several weeks ago, where a new
> sign was just recently put up.. I did not see the
> new sign, as I was focused on the cop car that was
> ahead, pulling people over for doing what I was
> about to do. The cop made it sound like a warning
> when he handed me the summons as he agreed the
> sign was new, and didnt make sense. I had no
> idea how much the ticket would be so I called
> several times, and went on line continuously.. I
> was eventually prompted to receive an email when
> the ticket was posted.
> I still have not received an email and am
> concerned about my license/points, as I have not
> paid the ticket yet?
Emily,

We always are discreet and any conversations we have will be protected by the attorney-client privilege. Speak to you soon.

Matthew Weiss
212-683-7373

Emily Caraballo Wrote:
Okay I'll definitely give you a call tommorow to talk about this, I just really hope that my parents dont find out, i mean it will jack up my insurance and i will get points.
February 10, 2011 07:15AM
We received a ticket yesterday coming off the FDR on the 34th street exit. We did not see any signs and turned right on 37th street to go across town and stopped by 3 police sitting in a van. They informed us that only busses are allowed in that street and wrote a $130 ticket. The whole thing seemed like a total trap.
Both my husband and I were in the car and did not see the signs, so either it is not clearly signed, or we missed due to sun glare, or both.

While we were stopped, they pulled another car over as well.

Can we contest this?

Thanks!
I have a question, I was pulled over at 3:30am on the Van Wyck Expressway doing 90mph in a 55mph zone, I have plead not guilty and I'm going to court February 23rd,2011..Is this something I could fight myself or is it a good idea to seek an attorney?? Thanks
Devon,

Unless this ticket was issued for disobey a traffic control device, this is most likely a 0-point ticket. It therefore is not worth hiring a New York traffic lawyer
. If there were truly no signs or pavement markings segregating the lane for buses only, then take photos and show them to the judge. The law requires that the buses-only lanes be properly marked.

Good luck.

Matthew Weiss

Devon Wrote:
> We received a ticket yesterday coming off the FDR
> on the 34th street exit. We did not see any signs
> and turned right on 37th street to go across town
> and stopped by 3 police sitting in a van. They
> informed us that only buses are allowed in that
> street and wrote a $130 ticket. The whole thing
> seemed like a total trap.
> Both my husband and I were in the car and did not
> see the signs, so either it is not clearly signed,
> or we missed due to sun glare, or both.
>
> While we were stopped, they pulled another car
> over as well.
>
> Can we contest this?
>
> Thanks!
Jesse,

You should definitely hire a New York traffic lawyer to fight this speeding ticket.

This ticket carries 8-points, a hefty fine and a $450 driver assessment fee. Feel free to call us today for a free consultation.

Matthew Weiss
212-683-7373

Jesse Sievers Wrote:
> I have a question, I was pulled over at 3:30am on
> the Van Wyck Expressway doing 90mph in a 55mph
> zone, I have plead not guilty and I'm going to
> court February 23rd,2011..Is this something I
> could fight myself or is it a good idea to seek an
> attorney?? Thanks
emIILY caraballo
February 15, 2011 03:22PM
Well the ticket i got on Feb2, 2011, i remember the police officer said something about paying the fine and giving it in and then to come 2/16/2011, however what i learned was he wanted me to appear with guilty plea and didn't say i had to hand in the ticket. ALSO, the officer had stopped me after i proceeded into the intersection accidentally on red and stooped me 3 blocks later? if i had entered the intersection and it wasn't my light then why would you come get me during that short period of time? What if ther was an accident i had cause or a pedestrian got hit as you let me go 3 blocks and then stooped me? the officer himself let me go. This was his observation: " WHILE STOPPED AT A RED SIGNAL ON MAMARONECK AV. SOUTHBOUND AT MARTINE AV. I OBSERVED THE VEHICLE IN FRONT OF MINE, NY:EUH#### PROCEED FROM STOP AND GO THROUGH THE INTERSECTION. I STOPPED THE VEHICLE ON MITCHELL PL. DRIVER IDENTIFIED HERSELF WITH A PICTURE DRIVERS LICENSE. AT THE TIME OF VIOLATION THE TRAFFIC SIGNAL MENTIONED ABOVE WAS UNOBSTRUCTED AND OPERATING NORMALLY" CHARGE BASED ON OFFICERS : DIRECT OBSERVATION. However, there was no other officer with him at the time, i looked at the light located at mamaroneck and martine av southbound through google maps and seeing from there i actually instead was looking at the correct light and i did see it to be green, AND my accompanying friends were in the car. One state di passed a red , the other believed it to be green as well. I looked behind me no one else had moved. i THEN WAS TURNING ON MITCHELL PL. AND that's when the light on martine and mamaroneck where the officer in the big, what appeared to be a emergency response unit car, proceeded towards from the back and then flashed the lights. If i was wrong why would you proceed after i had left or was about to leave the street? The officer himself dint really describe how i was wrong only said " DO YOU REALIZE YOU WENT THROUGH A RED LIGHT?" MY record is clean completely no priors, no accidents either good driving record. He gave me a 1111d1.If i hadn't gave in the ticket today he would have sneaky i believe given me points. However, when i had gone to w.p city court house, i spoke with those tellers and they had told me it looked as if he weren't coming in because he wasn't listed and a police officer over the phone told me that he wouldn't show bc some cases are handled by someone else. This is where i learned on the phone with the police office about what officer nicholson was up to. I pleaded "NOT GUILTY" i have a perfect driving record, he wont find the parking ticket or even about my previous red light ticket because it wasn't noted on my record. So now i have to wait for a court date and i was told Officer nicholson would possibly be there. Also, for some reason on the copy of the ticket/summons it says "THIS MATTER IS SCHEDULED TO BE HANDLED ON THE APPEARANCE DATE BELOW" meanwhile he wouldn't be there? All i want is a plea bargain to no point deduction , because of my clear record, and just fine. I would like to ask him though why pursue me if i was 2 blocks turning away and was very close to getting away from you? i could have caused severe trouble along the way and you didn't prevent it from happening ? wow. Then asks me where i was going ? i say westchester mall. He tells me well back out of here and you can keep going straight and your there. -_-

P.s I called the office Mr. Weiss and they gave the advice about pleading not guilty thanks .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 05:38AM by askanewyorker.
February 16, 2011 06:26AM
No Left Turn on Northern Blvd to Main St Queens
Posted by: Betty (cpe-24-90-12-128.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2011 09:15PM

I got pulled at night ~9:30pm for making a left turn from Northern Blvd onto Main Street in Queens, NY. I did not see any signs that stated no left turn except for buses on Northern Blvd. The only sign I did notice was a no left turn sign which was posted on Main Street. The police officer that pulled me over told me that there were signs posted, but I did not see them, and I was not the only one that did not see them. There was a total of 6 cars that were pulled over within ~ 5 mins, and about another 6 vehicles that i noticed made the left turn (but i am not sure if they were pulled over also).

Is this a legit case to appeal the ticket and is there anyone out there that had the same experience?

Thank you
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 14?
Online Users

Guests: 4