Ask a New York Traffic Lawyer

Posted by askanewyorker 
Re: Fighting an old ticket
April 04, 2019 09:25AM
Can I fight a unlicensed gt ticket if it was issued in 2010 and I was unaware of it?
Re: Ask a New York Traffic Lawyer
April 08, 2019 10:49AM
If the ticket was issued to you and you cannot prove that you did in fact have a valid license on the date of the offense, then it's not worth fighting.
Matt
April 08, 2019 10:53AM
testing
If the ticket was issued to you and you cannot prove that you did in fact have a valid driver license on the date of offense, then it's not worth fighting.
Hi, I was biking the wrong way for one block on the bike lane and a cop stopped me saying I was biking the wrong way and give me a ticket. However, He wrote in violation of 1111d red light and left the my ID number blank. I give him my NYC ID. I didn't ran a red light. What is my chance of winning the hearing for not guilty? Thanks
July 21, 2019 06:16AM
Answer: You should plead not guilty and ask to amend the charge to a bicycle charge (rather than a moving violation).

Matthew J. Weiss
Weiss & Associates, PC
440 Park Avenue South
Third Floor
New York, N.Y. 10016
212-683-7373
212-726-0135 fax
Keith
July 21, 2019 07:09AM
Is the Ticket valid without my ID Number on it? Also the location he wrote is wrong. It is one block off where he claimed I ran the red light. Thanks

askanewyorker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Answer: You should plead not guilty and ask to
> amend the charge to a bicycle charge (rather than
> a moving violation).
>
> Matthew J. Weiss
> Weiss & Associates, PC
> 440 Park Avenue South
> Third Floor
> New York, N.Y. 10016
> 212-683-7373
> 212-726-0135 fax
December 13, 2021 10:24AM
Hello,

I am from PA, and I have PA driver's license.

I got 3 tickets in Hauppauge, NY while I was on a business trip. I did not know Company van cannot be rode on Parkways, so I got 3 tickets for that one incident.

1. Disobeyed traffic control device (1110A)
2. Veh display advertising sign-pkwy REG-9 (4155H)
3. Unauthorized use of non-passenger Veh-REGION 9 (4155A)

I know it is always better to plead "Not Guilty" and fight on the court. Especially, this was my first time getting a ticket for this violation. However, I live very far from Hauppauge, NY to appeal in the court.

I heard that points do not transfer from NY to PA for minor traffic ticket offenses. Would those 3 violations count as minor traffic ticket offenses? If that is the case, I would just mail "Guilty" to waive the court appeal. I am just worried about getting a license suspension.

Thank you for your help!
December 23, 2021 01:37PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune while in New York.

You need to check with a PA traffic lawyer as to whether these offense count as minor traffic ticket offenses there. We can only provide guidance regarding New York law.

If you want to fight these tickets, you can retain a NY traffic lawyer who can appear for you.

Good luck!

Matthew Weiss
Weiss & Associates, PC
Attorney Advertising
Good Afternoon,

I received a violation for disob traffic device in Staten Island on 08/21/2019 after driving in the HOV lane with only two persons in the car. I pled not guilty and the court date kept getting pushed back and is now today at 1:00pm. In addition, my name was written incorrectly on the ticket where my last name and middle name were in the wrong place. Considering the length of time since the violation and the incorrect filling of the ticket. How can I get this reduced to no points?

Thanks,

Mike
Good Afternoon,

I received a violation for disob traffic device in Staten Island on 08/21/2019 after driving in the HOV lane with only two persons in the car. I pled not guilty and the court date keeps getting pushed back, it is now rescheduled for 10/13/2022. In addition, my name was written incorrectly on the ticket where my last name and middle name were in the wrong place. Considering the length of time since the violation and the incorrect filling of the ticket. How can I get this reduced to no points?

Thanks,

Mike
In New York City traffic court, they do not reduce traffic offense. When you plead not guilty, your case is scheduled for a hearing where the only outcomes are guilty or not guilty. By the way, the misplaced names are not a valid defense to your ticket. Further, there is not right to a speedy traffic trial in New York.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 14?
Online Users

Guests: 17