Ask a New York Traffic Lawyer

Posted by askanewyorker 
Hi. My name is nelly. I reside in Nassau county. I recently got a ticket 1110a for turning left with a no left turn sign in place in Nassau county. This is my first offense and haven't gotten a ticket since 2007. Please help or please tell me what the charges I'm facing are.. I would hope that I just have to pay a fine with no points. Thanks.
sk
Re: Ask a New York Traffic Lawyer
July 13, 2015 04:47PM
I "rolled through" a stop sign on a street in Brooklyn and was given a summons violation 1172A. Being from NJ and having a NJ drivers license, will I end up getting points on my license? Will this show up when my insurance company checks my status for accidents and tickets in determining my insurance premium for the coming year?
August 12, 2015 11:56PM
I got pulled over for having a loud exhaust on my car, I got a ticket for the exhaust and also got a ticket for disobeying an officers order. Is the ticket for disobeying an officer orders very serious, or is it not so serious at all, and would I need to get an attorney to get it dropped?

Thank You for your time.
Matthew Weiss
August 13, 2015 02:36PM
Nelly,

This is a 2-point ticket for Disobey Traffic Control Device carries roughly a $150 fine. If you plead not guilty, you likely can get this reduced to a 0-point Jay Walking ticket.

Matthew Weiss

Nelly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi. My name is nelly. I reside in Nassau county. I
> recently got a ticket 1110a for turning left with
> a no left turn sign in place in Nassau county.
> This is my first offense and haven't gotten a
> ticket since 2007. Please help or please tell me
> what the charges I'm facing are.. I would hope
> that I just have to pay a fine with no points.
> Thanks.
Matthew Weiss
August 13, 2015 02:39PM
SK,

A NY stop sign ticket carries 3 points but, if you are convicted, it will transfer as only 2 points onto your NJ license. Further a conviction, will be added to your driving record and can be seen by auto insurance companies.

Matthew Weiss

sk Wrote:
> I "rolled through" a stop sign on a street in
> Brooklyn and was given a summons violation 1172A.
> Being from NJ and having a NJ drivers license,
> will I end up getting points on my license? Will
> this show up when my insurance company checks my
> status for accidents and tickets in determining my
> insurance premium for the coming year?
Matthew Weiss
August 13, 2015 02:43PM
Robert,

The traffic ticket for disobeying a police officer's lawful order carries 2 points and roughly a $150 fine. If you have an otherwise clean record, then you can fight it yourself or just pay it. If you are very concerned about getting these 2 points or receiving other tickets, then you may want to retain an experienced NY traffic ticket lawyer.

Matthew Weiss

Robert Wrote:
> I got pulled over for having a loud exhaust on my
> car, I got a ticket for the exhaust and also got a
> ticket for disobeying an officers order. Is the
> ticket for disobeying an officer orders very
> serious, or is it not so serious at all, and would
> I need to get an attorney to get it dropped?
>
> Thank You for your time.
August 16, 2015 07:19AM
I have to go to court tomorrow for ticket that I received on 37th street and 2nd ave. I researched on line and I see that this has been a trap for 20 years. There is no entry from 6-10 am and there is no sign. How can I find out how many tickets are given in a day, a week, a month or a year in this location to prove my case?
Matthew Weiss
August 18, 2015 07:01AM
Diane

You can find out this information by doing a Freedom of Information Act request to the Department of Motor Vehicles. This will take some time, however, so perhaps you want to reschedule your case.

With that said the hearing officer at the Manhattan Traffic Violations Bureau will not likely be interested in these statistics. Rather, he or she will want you to prove that the location has insufficient signage to properly warn motorists about the restriction. Photographs of the area are the most persuasive evidence with signage defenses, in my opinion.

Matthew Weiss

Diane Wrote:
> I have to go to court tomorrow for ticket that I
> received on 37th street and 2nd ave. I researched
> online and I see that this has been a trap for 20
> years. There is no entry from 6-10 am and there
> is no sign. How can I find out how many tickets
> are given in a day, a week, a month or a year in
> this location to prove my case?
August 18, 2015 11:49AM
Hi,

I just got a 122c3a. This is my first ticket ever I am 28. Is there a point in fighting it or should I Just pay the fine?? I wanted to keep my record clean...

thanks for your time,

Aryeh
November 09, 2015 02:05PM
Hello,

I received a ticket from TLC for NEW NO LEFT TURN on west 55 and 7th Ave. This is a new sign, and I was only following my GPS direction. This is violation 1110a. I don't mind paying the $200 fine, but will there be points?

Thank you.
November 09, 2015 06:23PM
Aryeh,

I do not know what a 122c3a traffic ticket is. You apparently have written the wrong section of law in your question. Please re-post with the correct section and I'll reply right away.

Best,

Matthew Weiss

Aryeh Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a 122c3a. This is my first ticket ever
> I am 28. Is there a point in fighting it or
> should I Just pay the fine?? I wanted to keep my
> record clean...
>
> thanks for your time,
>
> Aryeh
November 09, 2015 06:25PM
Ahmed,

The only way to avoid this 2-point traffic ticket for making an improper turn is to plead not guilty and hopefully beat the case at your hearing. In NYC, they do not plea bargain so it is "all or nothing".

Good luck!

Matthew Weiss

Ahmed Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I received a ticket from TLC for NEW NO LEFT TURN
> on west 55 and 7th Ave. This is a new sign, and I
> was only following my GPS direction. This is
> violation 1110a. I don't mind paying the $200
> fine, but will there be points?
>
> Thank you.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 16