Rennet

Posted by john 
Rennet
March 24, 2009 07:19PM
Where can I buy rennet? (the kind of rennet used to make yogurt)
Re: Rennet
March 30, 2009 12:35PM
from Chowhound
"You may find rennet tablets sold under the brand name Junket alongside pudding and Jell-O mixes in the supermarket (make sure to buy plain rennet tablets, not the mix). Chowhounds have reported finding liquid rennet sold refrigerated at Whole Foods". I was going to suggest Fairway, or simply going to some of the Mozzarella places in Brooklyn and asking for rennet from behind the counter.
You can order online at [www.cheesemaking.com] if you have time to ship. They also import from Canada.
I never use rennet for yoghurt - I buy really good middle eastern yoghurt from Sahadi's in Brooklyn and use it for a starter....
March 30, 2011 03:03PM
fairway does carry rennet veg. cheese, but not rennet
February 16, 2015 08:35AM
As of Feb 2015, Kalustyan's sells liquid rennet (both veg and animal), and rennet tablets. Brooklyn Kitchen sells liquid rennet too (veg and animal). Both stores carry other cheesemaking ingredients as well, and Bklyn Kitchn carries some cheesemaking equipment.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 10