Ask a New York Exterminator Bed Bug Expert

Posted by askanewyorker 
Re: Ask a New York Exterminator Bed Bug Expert
September 19, 2010 08:43AM
January 05, 2011 09:50AM
America's Worst Bed Bug-Infested Cities

[realestate.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 09:52AM by askanewyorker.
Hi,
As I often use (long term) rentals, I'm looking for a technique to ensure killing of any bugs, especialy bed bugs. My thoughts are to seal off the doors and windows to sill height and then put a few boxes of dry ice (solid CO2 in the room and let it fill up with CO2, displacing the oxygen - I'm interested to know if this would ashpyxiate the bugs. Since CO2 is denser than air, it should permeate through all the bedding, etc. within a few hours, and won't go anywhere until the room is opened and aired out. Since there's no sprays or chemicals, the bugs can't build resistance and it should be very clean, not affecting any materials in the room.
Any thoughts? Anyone try this?
September 15, 2012 06:03AM
Barry you may just have a new idea and the start of a cottage industry. Never heard of that one. We"ve had bedbugs. Nasty SOB's. Preventive measures we've used: Lot's of vacuming around the corners/walls of apartmnet and 91% Alcohol sparyed around the apartment....
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 18