Where do the rich people live in NYC? Upper West or Upper East?

Posted by TA 
Where do the rich people live in Manhattan, upper west or upper east? Which is more desireable? Which is safer?

Why do most movies take place on the Upper East Side?
We don't discriminate in NYC -- we let rich people live wherever they want. There are swanky buildings one after another along Fifth Ave., Park Ave. (both on the east side), Central Park West, Riverside Drive (on the west side), and in between. I live on a modest block on the UES, and there are both humble walk-up apts. and zillion-dollar town houses.

I don't believe it's true that most movies take place on the UES.
You've Got Mail That was on the UWS.
Re: Where do the rich people live in NYC? Upper West or Upper East?
October 10, 2008 08:43AM
There are some pretty pricey places in Soho, West Village and Chelsea.
Rich ppl live everywhere, not just UWS or UES. Sometimes the most expensive real estate is found downtown.
Super rich people move to New Jersey!
Re: Where do the rich people live in NYC? Upper West or Upper East?
October 12, 2008 11:11AM
New Jersey is an awful place to live, believe me. I know. The taxes are ridiculous. It's also home to three bad urban centers, Newark, Camden, and Trenton. The super rich (ie rappers and celebrities) move to the very upper tip of New Jersey where they own their own mountains and forest reserves alongside their massive McMansions. The other rich folks live along the Hudson in equally expensive apartments.

The rest of the state is hum drum suburbs, mediocre colleges, boring beach communities which are also overpriced, and Princeton. That's about it.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 11