Barack Obama President of the United States

Posted by askanewyorker 
Re: Barack Obama President of the United States
November 10, 2008 08:32AM
It's very depressing to think some whacko would do something so heinous. Lot's of love for the Obamas...

[www.thenation.com]
November 20, 2008 10:12AM
Hillary Secretary of State?

[www.huffingtonpost.com]
January 17, 2009 01:44PM
[www.cnn.com]

America, this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past. Our time to bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for this country that we love.
-- from his June 3, 2008, speech declaring his win as Democratic candidate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 01:48PM by askanewyorker.
June 17, 2009 06:08AM
July 21, 2009 11:28AM
Did you know the following is in the bill on p 15 & 16:
translation
if an employee changes job and is hired by a new comp the employee is forced into the Federal Health Care system at that point.
if a person is independently emplooyeed they cannot purchase private insurance but are forced into teh Federal Health Care system -
private insurance companies are not permitted to sell them insurance
All newly graduated college students (at a certain date) will be forced into the Federal health care system when hired by any company as companies cannot enroll new employees in private health insurance
Private insurance companies will be forced out of the market and we will all be in a Federally Run health care system managed by beuracrates in DC
this will definitley effect our chilidren and grandchildren.. the proposed increase in taxes to pay for this new system wil bankrupt this country and ruin the best health care in the world.
I have attached the grassfire www.
the site provides the fax numbers for the democrates that are wavering
grasssfire, for a minimal fee, will fax for you

Please go here right now to send your faxes opposing
socialized health care to key members of this House
committee along with your two Senators and
Representative:

[www.grassfire.net]
September 29, 2009 10:52AM
[www.queenscourier.com]

White House wants Cuomo, not Paterson, in 2010
BY PETE DAVIS
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:03 PM EDT
Bam!

That was the apparent message sent down from Washington, D.C. and President Barack Obama’s administration to Governor David Paterson asking him to not run for Governor in 2010, clearing the path for popular NY Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to run instead...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 10:55AM by askanewyorker.
December 02, 2009 09:27AM
[www.sfgate.com] QuestionShow me another »
Did anyone else notice the military cadets falling asleep during the President's speech last night?
I'm just going to come out and say it; I must've seen at least 6 or 7 cadets either SLEEPING or falling asleep during the President's Afghanistan speech, not including one elderly fellow who wasn't a cadet but felt beckoned by the Sandman nonetheless.

I'm grateful for the men and women in uniform serving the country, but is this really the best discipline we can muster for the POTUS during one of the most important speeches of his presidency?

This isn't really a Democrat or Republican thing. If GWB gave an important speech, I would give him the common courtesy to NOT take a nap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2009 09:59AM by askanewyorker.
December 02, 2009 04:12PM
I didn't bother to listen to the latest presidential speech last night because all the pre-speech leaking made it pretty clear what was going to follow.

This is a sad day for the country and for the men and women who serve in our military.

Not only is the president increasing our troops in dribs and drabs over many months, thereby lessening their impact, he's done what the most extreme left-wing members of his base always seem to call for: walk away from a fight, any fight. Announce a build-up and commitment and in the very next breath proclaim an exit strategy and then compound the damage by announcing a timetable so the taliban and al-qaeda and who knows how many others can just bide their time, vacation with families, participate in religious sabbaticals, attend bomb-making classes in Iran, and stockpile their weapons caches ... waiting till our troops withdraw.

What a travesty.

I learned long ago that if you don't fight to win, you shouldn't fight at all.

This president has no stomach for what he once called a "war of neccessity." It simply isn't in him or in legions of other americans who can never find a reason to fight.

This is a sad day for me and many others who believe this is a war we must win by destroying the taliban's ability to return to power in afghanistan AND by defeating al-qaeda. It's an insult to everyone in uniform and to their families—especially those who have sacrificed their lives to mortal wounds or lifelong disabilities ... or will do so in the next year or two. God bless them.

This is all our enemies and just about any crackpot group of fanatics or wanna-be dictator could hope for. It's all they need as an invitation to challenge us on virtually every front. Our president, this president, wants to turn us into a superpower no more.

Not only does he want us even further indebted to creditors around the world, he'd prefer us a paper tiger, a patsy ... emboldening just about anyone who wants to test us.

The Somali pirates figured it out a long time ago. If you don't—or won't—fight, you are easy pickings.

This isn't the america i know. This isn't the america i want or believe in.

This isn't the president i want or believe in either.

best,

rob
January 13, 2010 09:54AM
He socks New Yorkers with massive new taxes to fund his health-care monstrosity.

He punishes Wall Street for making too much money.

[www.nypost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 09:55AM by askanewyorker.
November 04, 2010 10:25AM
Noting that the dust is still settling after Election Day, President Obama said that it is “critically important” over the coming months to create “a better working relationship” between the White House and Congressional leadership.

In the aftermath of Tuesday's election, which flipped control of the House of Representatives over to the Republicans, President Obama announced that he has invited John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi to the White House for bipartisan meetings in the first week of the lame duck session, on Thursday, November 18th.

[blogs.abcnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 10:26AM by askanewyorker.
January 26, 2011 06:21AM
The State of the Union

[www.whitehouse.gov]
January 27, 2011 02:59PM
He is doing his best to dig us out of the hole our last President dug for us. I like that everyone did not sit red on one side and blue on the other. Purple Power!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 11?
Online Users

Guests: 23