European lightbulbs in NYC??

Posted by brady 
Re: European lightbulbs in NYC??
December 13, 2008 09:04AM
Of course you can bring it here, and easily. We would need to snap on an adapter to the plug of your lamp so that it would fit in US outlets ($2.50) and we would provide you with the correct bulb size and shape that your lamp is designed for in 110 volts.

David

Just Bulbs
December 16, 2008 02:01AM
Thanks David for the answer! I sold the ones I do not like so much but I am definitively taking my favorites with me!
I really want to find one of these low energy consumption light bulbs that dim.
I have looked everwhere, but all the ones I find are an ugly color.

Can anyone help?
Re: European light bulbs in NYC??
April 28, 2009 06:18AM
Faye definitely call either David or James. There extremely knowledgeable and helpful and probably have what your looking for.

Look no further call either David or James at
Just Bulbs
220 East 60th St
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 888-5707
Re: European light bulbs in NYC??
July 31, 2009 06:26AM
thumbs upSince 1980, Just Bulbs has been THE light bulb store. We stock incandescent, Halogen, Fluorescent, Mercury, Sodium and Metal Halide Bulbs of every type. We stock large lamp, photo and stage studio, projection lamps, miniature and subminiature, color corrected, full spectrum, neodymium, carbon Thomas Edison and energy efficient light bulbs. We have American, European and British socket bulbs, 6, 12, 24, 120 and 220 volt bulbs, holiday and christmas strings. Our staff has over 25 years of experience in determining your light bulb requirements even when you are not sure what you need. We can…

[newyork.citysearch.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 06:32AM by askanewyorker.
August 09, 2010 05:51PM
[www.google.com]

thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2010 06:24PM by askanewyorker.
Re: European lightbulbs in NYC???
September 07, 2010 04:11PM
Just Bulbs has a great selection of holiday lights, Holloween...boo,Thanksgving, Christams etc
220 East 60th St
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 888-5707
September 12, 2010 05:43PM
You have two choices- rewire the house/apartment to supply 208, or change the base of the lamp to use 110v bulbs.

This is because:
100 watt @ 110V = 0.91 ampere, the lightbulb is around 121 ohms of resistance (110/0.91)

100 watt @ 220V = 0.45 ampere, the lightbulb is around 488 ohm of resistance (220/0.45)

When you plug a 121 ohm bulb into 220 it will draw over 180 watts and burn up very quickly. While the 488 ohm bulb will allow about 22 watts to pass.

If the circuit breaker that feeds power to your lamp/luminary only and you can check this by finding that breaker and checking every light switch, every wall socket and checking your heating and cooling works it will be a quick job to switch from 110 to 208 voltage in which you can continue to use European standard lighting original equipment. Should be a quick and relatively cheap job for an electrician. Or you can switch the plug on the cord and switch the lamp base to an ideal match.
Re: European lightbulbs in NYC???
January 27, 2011 06:54PM
This is a unique topic but I'm going to take a crack at it. My suggestion would be to go with an , foreign fixtures can be tricky when trying to fit a standard bulb in them. However, LED Bulbs will fight just about any fixture without a problem. Now, of course it'll help if you have the measurements of the previous bulb but if your not sure going LED is the easiest solution. I hope that was helpful, if you need more info about LED Bulbs, Light Fixtures, etc please visit: [www.bulbamerica.com]

Mike
[www.bulbamerica.com]
Would like to be able to shop for a light fixture locally but for use in France. Is this possible? Are there light fixtures that work in both 110v or 220v? Or light fixtures designed for 220v outlets that can be purchased in the U.S.?

Thanks for the help,
Galit
February 02, 2011 05:30AM
Call 212 888 5707
Ask for David...from Just Bulbs. He's super knowledgable, good guy.

David Past New Yorker of the Month
[askanewyorker.com]

Ask a New Yorker: Explain what S.A.D is about?

David: S.A.D. is seasonal affected disorder. People in the winter time don’t get enough sun light, some people don’t and so that affects their mood. It’s solved by light therapy. Light therapy requires a certain color temperature of certain intensity for a certain period of time which when guided hits your optic nerve and boosts your spirits.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 05:42AM by askanewyorker.
I bought a European lamp.I has an adapter plug. The bulb reads Global L240V-10W CE. I haven\\\\\\\'t been able to find a replacement bulb anywhere. Any suggestions?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 21