Cattleman Restaurant

Posted by askanewyorker 
Re: Cattleman Restaurant
August 08, 2011 07:57AM
ROGER -- check out facebook page for MARA with Joe's last name. It will be used to store photos from the good old days.
August 26, 2011 11:32PM
hey there alice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got your message i ll do what ya said / if it don t work out , i ll get back to ya on this page
August 27, 2011 08:02PM
Well, Roger, it worked!
September 01, 2011 09:29PM
I also remember the Cattleman with fond memories. My Grandmother worked for Larry Ellman before he even owned the Cattleman. I met him and he gave me Christmas presents when I was little and I always got Stage Coach rides. My Grandmother worked there from the opening until she retired in the late 60's or early 70's. It was a great place and very fascinating. But there were several pictures my Grandmother would have preferred I didn't see. Gee, I wish so much that I had visited it before it closed.
September 01, 2011 09:39PM
Karen ~ My grandmother also worked in the coat check room for many years. She was very good friends with Larry Ellman. I remember him well. Her name was Caroline Muckian. She passed away many years ago. Mr. Ellman sent a cab to pick her up for many years when she lived in Maspeth and Ridgewood. I lived in Ridgewood with her for awhile and consider myself a New Yorker! I wonder if the two knew each other?
Diane
September 18, 2011 11:29PM
I am so happy to see this restaurant being spoken of here. My mother recently sent photos of me at my 8Th Birthday party. I am now forty eight years old. I had the best costume party ever with all of my then closest friends. The waitress can be seen serving me the candle lit cake and all of us little kids faces beaming with joy. I just remember it being a very special place and going there several times it was a part of my childhood. My Mom asked me what happened to that place, and now I can tell her Thanks for the great memories.
October 21, 2011 10:22AM
Went there for honeymoon in '67. My bride surprised me with the after dinner cigar. I'm 69 and have been married over forty years. Thanks to a great start?
MZ
Cattleman restaurnat
November 01, 2011 01:46PM
WOW...we were talking about this and I googled it and found this. My mom took me there, if we have afew bucks left over, in the sixties. She always had a whiskey sour and one cigarette. I got a fake Manhattan. Always got a stage coach ride. Those were the days...RIP Mom...
December 06, 2011 05:14PM
The July 1981 Playboy gives a drink called Cattleman's Cooler: "From the Cattleman, a Manhattan dining spot that calls itself an adult Western restaurant." Serves two.

1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or unsweetened from can); 1 tbsp superfine sugar; 6 ozs orange juice; 3 ozs Bourbon; 1/2 oz Pernod; 1 cup crushed ice.

Buzz pineapple and sugar in blender until smooth and frothy. Add remaining ingredients and blend very smooth and frothy. Divide between two large wine or collins glasses. Garnish with a pineapple chunk on stick. Serve with straws.
Bennett Breen
December 07, 2011 05:09PM
Denis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The July 1981 Playboy gives a drink called
> Cattleman's Cooler: "From the Cattleman, a
> Manhattan dining spot that calls itself an adult
> Western restaurant." Serves two.
>
> 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or unsweetened from
> can); 1 tbsp superfine sugar; 6 ozs orange juice;
> 3 ozs Bourbon; 1/2 oz Pernod; 1 cup crushed ice.
>
> Buzz pineapple and sugar in blender until smooth
> and frothy. Add remaining ingredients and blend
> very smooth and frothy. Divide between two large
> wine or collins glasses. Garnish with a pineapple
> chunk on stick. Serve with straws.
December 07, 2011 05:17PM
I went to the Cattleman when I was a student in NYC in 1981 or 82 My Father was in town on Business. I remeber the Hallway walking in and a Great Big Steak. I still have the Matches. I saved Matches from all the places my Dad used to take me to Many of them are gone but the Matchbooks bring back memories of all those places. I just saw The Original Cattlemans Restaurant on the Travel Channel so I had to look it up and see what happened to it.
Great memories. Little did I know I'd spend the next 27 years working in some of NYC's Best Restaurants and Hotspots.
January 30, 2012 05:34PM
just saw the blog about Carol
all of us who were at the Cattleman from the sixtys through the eightys remember her
she was in the cloakroom during the day
and we were doing around 250 lunches but I never heard of any one losing a coat which is pretty good as the always wanted to leave around the same time
so the job had a lot of pressure
mitchell
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 11