subway to and from columbia-presbyterian hospital

Posted by melanie 
Hi,

I will be interviewing at the hospital next week, and would like to know if you could tell me how to get from jfk airport to columbia-presbyterian by the subway. Please kindly advise me:

- What train(s) do I need to take?
- How long is this trip?
- Is it safe?
- How far do I have to walk to the hospital from the last stop?
and answerw to other questions that I have not thought of yet.

If it is too complicated, please inform me if it is safe to flag a cab, or is it preferable to call a cab company? Which is a reliable cab company?

Thank you very much in advance.

Melanie
Re: subway to and from columbia-presbyterian hospital
January 13, 2008 07:43AM
I'm surprised that you did not ask the HR department for this information.
Having gone through the interview process last month
Directions to the Facility is one
of the key bits of information the potential employer will normally provide.

Use the hospital's website if you are unable to contact their HR department.

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
If you still need help after going to their web site, please re-post, and include the address of the hospital.
Columbia Presbyterian Hospital is at 622 W. 168th Street in Washington Heights. To get there from JFK via public transportation take the AirTrain from your terminal ($5 off-peak, $7 peak) to either Jamaica Station or Howard Beach Station. From either of those, take the Manhattan-bound E train from Jamaica or a Brooklyn-bound A train from Howard Beach, to Times Square-42nd Street and transfer to an uptown 1 to 168th Street ($2). When you get above ground, walk either west on 168th or south on Broadway (the hospital takes up space between W. 165th and W. 168th in between Broadway and Riverside Drive. All-in-all, it should take you about an hour and fifteen to thirty minutes. I pass through this neighborhood on the 1 daily and it's perfectly fine above ground as well. As you are still in New York City, just be smart when out.

For a quicker route, take a cab from JFK to the hospital. FROM JFK (only from, not to), a cab ride is $45 flat plus tip and tolls (bet on $60). I'd advise a cab for your situation only if you have luggage. If not, just take the train...you'll have more time to prepare for your interview.

Good luck!
Just an update, Mateo, the flat cab fare between JFK-Manhattan in either direction is now $45 (plus tip and toll, of course).
When did they do that Oracle? You'd think from staring at the signs in the back of a cab long enough I'd notice. I must have just got used to seeing it the one way...
Hello,
I need an information. How can I get from jfk to 129th west? How much time it take?
Please let me know
Re: subway to and from columbia-presbyterian hospital
May 02, 2008 05:57AM
129th West is a vague address. Your looking at about $48 which includes tip.
[nyc.taxiwiz.com]
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 21